Direct TV Whole Home DVR crashing my internet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mgus85

Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
Pennsylvania
Hey guys,

I am having a big issue with my Direct TV whole home dvr service. About a month ago, at random, my entire network crashed. My internet would not work on either computer, my x box, or my Direct TV. I have now gone a month with trying new routers, new modems, and several calls back and forth from ISPs, Direct TV, and Router companies. No one seems to have an answer. Everything in my house works fine on my Wireless Network, but as soon as I plug the ethernet cable that powers my Whole Home DVR into the router EVERYTHING crashes. Any internet connectivity shuts down until I disconnect it, and reset the entire network.

I am really at a loss here. I am not the most savvy person in the world when it comes to stuff like this. Any information you could give would be extremely helpful.

OK. Since everything with your in-home network works fine until you plug in the connection to your D* network, that would seem to rule out your modem, and router and all the other devices you have connected. The issue appears to be localized with your D* connection.

Two quick questions come to mind:
1) What kind of internet connection do you have? (Cable or DSL)
2) How are you connecting you D* network to you router? (Wireless CCK or wired CCK)

Knowing the answers to these two questions will help with the troubleshooting.

You cant hook an Ethernet cable directly to your dvr and have whole home dvr work. You have to use a cck or cckw

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)