Direct vs Dish HD channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is a great way to compare the two. Is it kept current as new channels are added? Some on this list have no highlighting at all; I assume they also are all HD all the time?
Yes as current as those of us that take care of it can keep it, and yes those are HD...
The only regular channels that Direct has that Dish doesn't are 101 (which I've never heard of) and Smithsonian (which would be great to have). Dish however has several exclusive non premium and premium channels that I watch and if I were switching today would push me to Dish (since the sports channels would generally go unwatched). Since my current subscriptions don't expire until early June it makes sense to wait and see what channels Direct adds when their new satellite is added. If they wind up about the same than see who has the best deals.
Dish had Smithsonian for awhile and said not enough people were watching it to keep up... T101 has some good stuff, right now they are showing Oz and Deadwood and quite a bit of music also usually in 5.1 sound...

As to sports channels, when I was on Dish with the top package or top+premiums, but without the sports package, I received Fox Rocky Mountain, Fox Arizona, Altitude, and the Big Ten network. These channels main attractions College Football, Basketball, Pro Basketbal and Pro Hockey were in HiDefinition.:D I didn't know if that had changed, but was one of my disapointments when switching to Directv.

As to sports channels, when I was on Dish with the top package or top+premiums, but without the sports package, I received Fox Rocky Mountain, Fox Arizona, Altitude, and the Big Ten network. These channels main attractions College Football, Basketball, Pro Basketbal and Pro Hockey were in HiDefinition.:D I didn't know if that had changed, but was one of my disapointments when switching to Directv.

Where do you live? Big Ten Network is available to pretty much everyone. DirecTV has all of the other channels you mention, but obviously, it would depend on where you live as to whether or not you would receive them without Sports Pack.

raoul5788 said:
Perhaps, unless you ask 75% of the people in the greater NYC area!
Also, Direct will probably catch up in the next couple of months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey , What channel was last night Yankees game on?

MLB Network, Blacked out.;)

They were on MY9 last might. MLB was blacked out for me, too, but I am in the Yankees territory. Is your part of PA also in Yankee country?

It should, but it probably doesn't matter to the blackout rules.
Pike County PA is the only county to have NY Locals.
I live in Wayne, which is Scranton Wilkes barre locals .

My Locals
  • WNEP 16 (ABC) HD
  • WYOU 22 (CBS) HD
  • WBRE 28 (NBC) HD
  • WSWB 38 (CW) SD only
  • WVIA 44 (PBS) HD
  • WQMY 53 (MY) SD only, HD receiver and Slimline required
  • WOLF 56 (FOX) HD
  • YES Network
  • MSG
  • MSG Plus
  • SNY
  • FSN Pittsburgh Requires Sports pack, But Pro games are not blacked out in the Scranton/WB DMA

Pike County PA is the only county to have NY Locals.
I live in Wayne, which is Scranton Wilkes barre locals .

My Locals
  • WNEP 16 (ABC) HD
  • WYOU 22 (CBS) HD
  • WBRE 28 (NBC) HD
  • WSWB 38 (CW) SD only
  • WVIA 44 (PBS) HD
  • WQMY 53 (MY) SD only, HD receiver and Slimline required
  • WOLF 56 (FOX) HD
  • YES Network
  • MSG
  • MSG Plus
  • SNY
  • FSN Pittsburgh Requires Sports pack, But Pro games are not blacked out in the Scranton/WB DMA

That sucks getting blacked out like that. I wonder if any other dmas are available in four different states like NYC is.

If I didn't want out of market sports (Mariners, Seahawks) and could convince myself that HD quality was more or less equal I would switch to Dish.

If you live in the NYC area and have Dish, it's like living in Europe....
No such thing as Baseball!
The funny thing is that unlike the rest of the USA where Football is the #1 sport, in NYC, Baseball is the #1 sport, and Dish completely leaves it out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)