DirecTivo now advertising their advantage of all DVRs $4.99

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rtt2

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
This weeks Circuit City circular is now advertising that you can have all your DVRs in your home for just $4.99. This is the first I have seen touting DirecTVs competitive advantage of Dish's per home DVR fee. I hope this will speed up Dish into changing its policy soon. They can't let DirecTV win forever.

I tried to attach the circular page but the forum software said it was too big. I dont have picture editing software but you can see it at the other forum web site.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=162566#post162566

I give Dish 1-2 weeks to succumb to the pressure. The new DVR fee is one of the dumber things Dish has done lately.

Considering the TiVo advantages, Dish should not be charging anything.

Now, if Circuit City/DirectTV were really smart, they would also push the fact that the $99 DirectTivo is a 2-Tuner PVR.

David_Levin said:
I give Dish 1-2 weeks to succumb to the pressure. The new DVR fee is one of the dumber things Dish has done lately.

Considering the TiVo advantages, Dish should not be charging anything.

Now, if Circuit City/DirectTV were really smart, they would also push the fact that the $99 DirectTivo is a 2-Tuner PVR.

And with name based recording so you don't have to babysit the guide to make sure your dumb timers are recording what you want them to.

I knew this was only a matter of time before this would happen. Dish will have to counteract this by reducing the DVR fee to a fee per account, not per receiver, or pay the consequences of having fewer new customers.

Dish got a little too greedy and has already paid the price by having a lot of retailers turn on them when they tried to put the retailer on the hook for twice as long on their commissions. It will cost Dish a bit more in the longrun at this rate. A hard lesson hopefully learned.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)