DirectTV Tivo Promo Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gojira69

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
Maybe you've seen it. DTV is offering a 35-hour Tivo DVR for $100 and $5 a month. They ship the Philips DC7000 Digital TV Recorder or a clone of it. Be3fore I take the plunge, can anyone tell me if I can make off-load recorded shows form this DVR in the digital format? I did not see a Cat-5 output on the back of the sample I saw at Best Buy tonight, but there are two USB ports on the back.

Gojira69 said:
can anyone tell me if I can make off-load recorded shows form this DVR in the digital format? I did not see a Cat-5 output on the back of the sample I saw at Best Buy tonight, but there are two USB ports on the back.

Not really. The USB ports are not currently enabled. You might check over at the Tivo Community forum about this. It is theoretically possible but it involves hacking your Tivo and you void the warranty when you open the case. I've got 2 Hughes Tivos that are just begging for larger hard drives but I will wait out the warranty, I think.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)