Directv 10 round dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

robertustin

Original poster
May 5, 2006
Hi, first time post. Does anyone know of a circular, single lnb satellite dish to pick up directv 10 hd satellite? This would be a portable dish for my RV. Slimline would be too difficult to set up at numerous separate locations. I allready get 101 and 119 satellites. I appreciate any input.

YOu might be able to get it, but you will lose the others. You need to have the 5lnb to get em all at once. There is 103(a), 103(b), 99,110,119
Basically you need the new dish otherwise channel changing will be a nightmare as you will have to point the dish all the time. AM I correct guys?

It's not circular, but could you use a AT-9 dish (now nicknamed the "Sidecar") without the 119 & 110 lnb assembly?

Would the LNB for the existing Ku band sats work with the new Ka band?

No. Even if a LNB could somehow inadvertently receive Ka band signals, it would also need to stack them at the frequencies DirecTV receivers expect.

Does anyone know of a circular, single lnb satellite dish to pick up directv 10 hd satellite?
DIRECTV 10 is in an entirely different frequency band, so the LNB would not work. There's also the issue of the dish itself being too small to grab enough signal for all but the best of weather conditions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)