DirecTV 119w on a 18'' dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skybyrd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
Hello is possible to get 119w on a 18'' dish or do i absolutely need a phaseIII or a slimline. i just want the latino channels on 119w and i will be using a generic dish with a generic digiwave lnb 11250

For Directv you going to need atleast a phase III ODU. The receiver will not download information with the 101 sat.

Hello is possible to get 119w on a 18'' dish or do i absolutely need a phaseIII or a slimline. i just want the latino channels on 119w and i will be using a generic dish with a generic digiwave lnb 11250

You are going to need an open account, an activated receiver & AC card and a Phase III dish.
Any other rig is illegal.

Joe.....not a spokesman for Directv...just sayin!

Last edited:
what are you calling a rig...

its a legitimate account that is paid every month

so you guys saying that 18" dish will not work for sat 119w.

thank you.

what are you calling a rig...

its a legitimate account that is paid every month

so you guys saying that 18" dish will not work for sat 119w.

thank you.

Yup,

Even for a paid up account....The system is set up to use the 101 & others at the same time. The 119 is eighteen degrees west of the 101...see what you get. You may have to reconfigure your set up in the receiver for Phase III.

See what you get. Never intentionally done it.

Joe

it should work, extremely POORLY, but if you want the spanish channels, the dish upgrade should be free, and shouldnt take more than a few minutes depending on how many receivers you have and how difficult it would be to run two new lines off the dish if needed. it could be as simple as taking the old dish off and putting the new dish on, or you may need a new install if you have 3x4s all over the place... or a 4x8 / 6x8, then you need another 2 lines run from the dish to the switch..

If you are using any D* made within the past few years, it will NOT work at all w/out 101, as grydlok says. You must have 101 for the receiver to even download before it will recognize any other sats.

Years ago with a RCA DRD420 I used a 18" dish to get the 119 sat, Then I combined the signal with a 2X1 Hughes multi-switch from my rigged up 36" dish aimed at the 101 sat.

I know the RCA would work on the 119 sat only because during the aiming process all I got at first was the 119 sat and the Spanish channels came in, it was called "Para Todos" back then.

But like the other posters said, the newer receivers may be incapable of this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)