DirecTV 14 Launched 3:40PM - DEC 6 Eastern Time

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ESPN UHD sounds better:)

It does, but since ESPN content is live it requires all camcorders to be 4k. A service like HBO with mostly filmed content can rescan the film in 4k and be good to go. 35MM film really has 4K by 6K resolution or 24 megapixels in the right conditions -- worth of a few more resolution upgrades.

Set the scheduler 9 mine :D now just need to convince the wife not to delete it since it's "dumb"
Haha were in exactly the same boat. She should convince me not to delete those housewives shows on Bravo because I think they are dumb.

Oh well one persons trash...

Very excited to see this launch. Only a few days away now!

What time would they show in central time zone? I figure 2:38 correct?
Nevermind I see 2:00p.m to 4:00p.m bummer I won't watch it live
since I'll be working until 5 pm.

What time would they show in central time zone? I figure 2:38 correct?
Nevermind I see 2:00p.m to 4:00p.m bummer I won't watch it live
since I'll be working until 5 pm.

if they don't launch within the specified time window, they say it will delay launch one or more days until next launch window opens.

if they don't launch within the specified time window, they say it will delay launch one or more days until next launch window opens.

Weather conditions look like they will be a go. 20 percent chance of rain, high's in the 80's with winds in the 10-15 MPH. To me that seems like perfect weather for the launch. Barring any technical complications, it should go up without a hitch... Knock on wood!!!!

DIRECTV 15 is scheduled to launch on Jan 6 / 2015 according to Lyngsat and it is a ES3000 sat. The ES3000 has 30ku and 24ka and 18 reverse band tps. Will be place at 99W-119W.

Directv 14 will still launch on Dec 6 / 2014 and it is an SL1300 sat with 24ka and will be paced at 99.2W. Info from Lyngsat and Satlaunch.

DIRECTV 15 is scheduled to launch on Jan 6 / 2015 according to Lyngsat and it is a ES3000 sat. The ES3000 has 30ku and 24ka and 18 reverse band tps. Will be place at 99W-119W.

Directv 14 will still launch on Dec 6 / 2014 and it is an SL1300 sat with 24ka and will be paced at 99.2W. Info from Lyngsat and Satlaunch.

You also missed the 18 reverse band tps on D14. DirecTV 14 to use Ka-band and reverse band spectrum on a satellite that will help DIRECTV expand its HD programming to both national and local markets. DirecTV 14 carries 76 Ka band spot beam transponders for HD local channels and 18 National Reverse transponders. The satellite is designed to provide service for 15 years or more. (Gunters Space page)

I seriously hope ESPN is not using camcorders for their broadcasts.

Not in studio, but professional camcorders are used everywhere... I am not talking the small consumer ones but the shoulder professional ones you see all the time used by news crews.

moving to launch pad

A big difference between the equatorial launch site and the Russian launches. Typical time between launch and release of the satellite is 8-9 hours from launch at the northern latitude site. DirecTV 14 is expected to be separated from the launch vehicle approximately 32 minutes after launch (then it will continue to final orbit using it's own propulsion system).

We will be holding a SatelliteGuys DIRECTV 14 Launch Party today in our Chat Room, please join us at 3:30PM ET as we watch DIRECTV 14 launch together!

Go DIRECTV 14!

B39wz8XCIAAMgn-.jpg:large

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)