Status
Please reply by conversation.

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
DIRECTV 14 is expected to launch from the Ariane Space Port in December 2014.

DIRECTV 14 will be located at 99W where it will supplement or replace existing KA Band Satellites.

DIRECTV 14 is a KA Band satellite and will provide Conus and Spot Beam service for US markets.

DIRECTV 14 Conus and Spot Beam maps may be seen here.
http://satmaps.satelliteguys.us/

Technical Details are found here.
FCC LOI Narrative Directv 14 99W

So when will we get AHC, Fox Deportes, USN, and El Rey in HD??

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Nice!
Getting ready for 4k:)

Nice!
Getting ready for 4k:)

save that for D15 / rdbs.

Time for
local NON ota news channels
AccuWeather Channel HD
chiller HD
GSN HD
FXM HD
PIVT HD
AHCH HD
NEWS MIX HD

Sports
TVG HD (if they have an HD feed)
HRTV HD (if they have an HD feed)
ESPN 3 HD feeds (full time?)
FSP HD (does directv need this full time)

Missing RSN's (like don't need D14 to fit them in)

Premiums
Outermax HD
Missing encore HD feeds
EPIX HD
EPIX west HD
EPIX 2 HD
EPIX 3 HD
EPIX Drive In hd (if they ever get a HD feed for it)

Here is the list of HD channels I want.
Fox Deportes
AHC
GSN
Fuse
FXM
Hub
MTV2
VH1 Classic
Reelz
Centric
Al Jazeera America
NASA TV
C-SPAN 1&2
El Rey
We TV

hope it ends up in the right orbit the last 2 birds the Europe launched didnt end up where it was supposed to be.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/25/yet-another-galileo-accident/
Arianespace, the company that launches satellites for the European Union, has had to concede that its latest mission hasn't been a complete success. Friday's launch conveyed two satellites, Dorea and Milena, into orbit to help build out Galileo, the EU's homegrown alternative to GPS and GLONASS. Everything had gone to plan when the Soyuz rocket reached the upper atmosphere and deployed the satellites, but shortly after, authorities realized that the units were in "noncompliant orbit," which means they're spinning around the planet in the wrong orbit.

We could see this go up early December... If I was a betting man! :D :)
You would most likely lose that bet. In prompting Salo to update his schedule a poster named Jester said mid/end December.

Depending on successful launch and how much testing is required, the turn-up date will likely be well into 2015. DIRECTV 11, the previous equatorial launch, took over four months to go into service (March 19, 2008 to July 31, 2008). DIRECTV 12/RB2a, a Kazakhstan launch, went live at T+4.5 months (December 30, 2009 to May 18, 2010).

It should be noted that the previous satellites were Boeing birds and the time to service may (or may not) be different for the SSL manufactured bus.

You would most likely lose that bet. In prompting Salo to update his schedule a poster named Jester said mid/end December.

Depending on successful launch and how much testing is required, the turn-up date will likely be well into 2015. DIRECTV 11, the previous equatorial launch, took over four months to go into service (March 19, 2008 to July 31, 2008). DIRECTV 12/RB2a, a Kazakhstan launch, went live at T+4.5 months (December 30, 2009 to May 18, 2010).

It should be noted that the previous satellites were Boeing birds and the time to service may (or may not) be different for the SSL manufactured bus.

What are you talking about? I was talking about the bird being launched in early December and NOT it's in service dates! Good Lord! That most likely won't happen until February / March.

Jesters info is inaccurate. I saw else where on a Russian website that it was scheduled between December 6-10th and these guys have a great track record of having good info. All of this is speculation anyhow until we see an update from the launcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thought the last i read this was sked for early 2015.
DIRECTV 14 was matched up with GSAT 16 on May 5th for a Q4 launch.
It was bumped on May 20th.
Salo moved it to TBD 2015 on July 10th (no explanation)
Jester's advice came Monday.

I had misreported that DIRECTV 14 was on the schedule for Q1 2015 but that was a mistake (that I subsequently noted) as I was looking at the entry for DIRECTV 15.

What are you talking about? I was talking about the bird being launched in early December and NOT it's in service dates! Good Lord! That most likely won't happen until February / March.
That would be record time indeed (even if it launched in early December). The last two DIRECTV satellites (one, an equatorial launch) have taken upwards of four months to go into service.
Jesters info is inaccurate. I saw else where on a Russian website that it was scheduled between December 6-10th and these guys have a great track record of having good info.
You didn't use speculative language when dismissing Jester's info. Jester claims to work for a space agency (probably not Arianespace) and his record has been pretty solid.
All of this is speculation anyhow until we see an update from the launcher.
Unquestionably.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)