DirecTV / 2 locations.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cerjam

Original poster
May 22, 2010
washington
alright heres my issue, i currently have dish at my house. i'm about fed up with them, so i'm swapping back to directv.

i have two houses, i want to setup the dish at both locations. keep the reciever at my house, and take it with me on vacation.

is there anything on directv that prevents this nowdays? I know it was doable a year or so ago.

and any...suggestions for it?

i've handled single SD dishes before, im a bit..worried about setting up a mutlisatellite HD dish. how difficult is it?

alright heres my issue, i currently have dish at my house. i'm about fed up with them, so i'm swapping back to directv.

i have two houses, i want to setup the dish at both locations. keep the reciever at my house, and take it with me on vacation.

is there anything on directv that prevents this nowdays? I know it was doable a year or so ago.

and any...suggestions for it?

i've handled single SD dishes before, im a bit..worried about setting up a mutlisatellite HD dish. how difficult is it?

Don't expect to get your locals, unless the second location is close.

People do this all the time, your not suppose to, but people do.

I would have D* set up an extra recvr in your home ...
Get the correct dish and try setting it up at home several times before you go to your vacation home, so you have a good idea whats going on with it.

The dish/reflector is not that much more difficult than the old ones, just more to it.
Are you looking for HD in both locations and what recvrs will you be using ?

the house is about 15 miles away, so locals won't be an issue.

and bah who cares what you're SUPPOSED to do, i've been giving money to directv for 10 years. i say they owe me this after refusing me new hardware and making me switch to dish. .. which a month later they offered after i was under contract, genius business plan directv!

and yes, hd in both spots. if it was just a single satellite sd dish i'd have no problem, but i tried syncing the dish one and it gave me hell.

i think im just going to directv movers deal it after a couple months. do they leave the original install if you tell them to?

as for recievers, figure hte hddvr+hd reciever. whatever thye give you when you sign up, i have no idea what it is nowdays.

the house is about 15 miles away, so locals won't be an issue.

and bah who cares what you're SUPPOSED to do, i've been giving money to directv for 10 years. i say they owe me this after refusing me new hardware and making me switch to dish. .. which a month later they offered after i was under contract, genius business plan directv!

and yes, hd in both spots. if it was just a single satellite sd dish i'd have no problem, but i tried syncing the dish one and it gave me hell.

i think im just going to directv movers deal it after a couple months. do they leave the original install if you tell them to?

as for recievers, figure hte hddvr+hd reciever. whatever thye give you when you sign up, i have no idea what it is nowdays.

They MADE you switch to DISH ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)