DirecTV 2 PC CE Test Version 4919

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Important Note:
Please note that the video processing has move from the CPU to the graphics card .. This will be GREAT for those of you that have appropriate hardware, but will cause those without appropriate hardware to lose video altogether. Please bear this in mind.

Also, please, please, please .. DO NOT CALL/EMAIL CUSTOMER SUPPORT about this beta version. This is an unsupported version at this time. While DIRECTV may be aware of the version that is on their site, this version of DIRECTVPC is pre-beta. Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Download v4919 Link (33mb)

Hardware Advisor Link (To see if your system can handle DirecTV2PC GPU Test Pre-Beta Version.) (3mb)

New features
  • Video Acceleration when available
  • Support for Friendly Names
  • Offer "Retry" when content cannot be played due to HDCP support issue
  • Change activation key: when receiving "incorrect activation key"
  • New EULA (please read)
  • Prevent screen capture of D2PC app
  • Ability to connect to update server
  • Support for Windows 7 Activation (Beta 2.2)

Improved/Updated

• Trick Play
  • video / audio mismatch in FF mode
  • Lip sync issues
  • Server lookup/connection consistency
  • Parental: when no PIN, default setting is unlocked
  • Edge sharpness during playback in full screen
  • ATSC playback audio
  • Video lockup when changing audio/video several times
  • parental controls
  • refined "Download now" behavior
  • Closed Captioning
  • Fixed Ctrl-P so that it will pause
  • Improved playback when USB device in use
  • Closed Captioning on Intel platform
  • "Showcase" tab is now "Top Movies"
  • Can't Connect OSD when selecting Resume (Beta 2.1)

Notes
  • For the people experiencing "an error has occurred", uninstall and scrub disk+registry (if practical), then reinstall.
  • For the copy protection issues - check driver/device settings to enable h/w encryption/decryption, if such setting can be found
  • Please use your existing DIRECTV2PC key .. If you do not have one, please complete the Beta Download process @ DirecTV2PC Original Beta Download / Serial Number Acquisition

Current issues I'm experiencing:

-Some times locks up when playing or resuming a recording. Restarted program and works fine.
-Video loss issues when skipping foward. Issue does not happen when selecting a time on the time line.

I have a dell e1705 with a nvidia geforce 7800 card...I have not been able to access content since they switch the processing to the video card..with the new software I get a new error message...my graphics card does not support screen capture protection for protected content...update your driver or change your driver settings.. I have the most updated driver....any advice on what setting I might have to change?

duffer - I don't think there are any settings that will help, it is something with the copy protection and your video card drivers not complying. The software is trying to disable any form of screen capture, and the drivers are not complying.

For now, you may want to go back to the regular beta.

duffer - I don't think there are any settings that will help, it is something with the copy protection and your video card drivers not complying. The software is trying to disable any form of screen capture, and the drivers are not complying.

For now, you may want to go back to the regular beta.
Thanks Jason...i will do that.

I wish I hadn't upgraded because I used to be able to watch shows on the laptop in the shop. I guess there is no going back.

Today I had recorded Street Signs on CNBC 355 this morning and when I palyed the program via Direct2PC I got no audio to sound, but when I played the program on my HR21 the audio was there and working fine. I had to start and stop and close the Direct2PC sotware four times before the audio would finally play via the Direct2PC software.

Ive been having some problems here too, whenever i try to play anything off the dvr using 2pc it displays freezeframe and the audio sync is way off, but mrv is working fine with latest ce releases so i know its not the network connection. using tech installed home plug devices here, happens on hd content most, but standard as well...

Do you guys know if it's possible to play back something via DirectTV2PC while it's currently recording? I have a hockey game recording at the moment, and I can see it listed in the software, but clicking "Play" gets me nothing...no errors or anything. Any thoughts?

Chris

I installed the above build and everything works except the video. I can browse the playlist, and play programs but when I play I only get audio and no video. Any ideas?

Windows 7
ATI Mobility FireGL V5200
Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB RAM

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)