Directv 200.00 giftcard offer question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
So I get this 200.00 gift card offer from directv. I call up and ask if I can use the refer a friend discount and still get the gift card offer and he says yes. Upon looking on the back of this card it says that other offers can't be combined including the referral program. I point this out to him just because I didn't want the gift card kicked out if he added it in. He double checked with his supervisor and he said yes you can combine the offers.

So i proceed with the order setup and just as I'm about to set up an install date he says there's a 19.95 shipping and handling fee that i have to pay to cover the shipment of the equipment to the local facility. On the bottom it did mention a 19.95 fee may apply. Of course my wife is complaining about that and not wanting to switch so I told the guy I'd have to call back.

So my questions are:

Has anyone received an offer of a 200.00 gift card before?

He mentioned my 2nd year i could call and have channels i didn't watch taken off my package and it would lower my bill ? First time I've heard of this.

Can you really use a refer a friend when it says you can't on the offer even though he claimed I could?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You can lower your programming package anytime. There may be a minimum level you can't go below however.

I signed up and got a gift card offer for my DISH early termination fee. There were also other discounts on top of that, including them waiving the $19.95 shipping fee. This was a "please come back to us" offer.

Sent from Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

He mentioned my 2nd year i could call and have channels i didn't watch taken off my package and it would lower my bill ? First time I've heard of this.
You will probably want to call just before 3 months into the new service, or you will get billed for the premium movie channels (up to $48 per month).

If your signing up for Select or Entertainment you receive HBO/SHO free for 3 months, if you do not cancel you will be billed $30 per month beginning with the fourth month; if choosing Choice or higher you get all 4 (HBO, MAX, SHO, STARZ) free which would be $48 per month beginning with the fourth month. So you might want to call to cancel some (if not all) of the premium movie channels that you do not wish to keep...

I usually recommend using Google, Yahoo Calendar etc. to set a reminder close to the time you need to call D* and it will send you an email/alert on phone etc.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)