Directv 36" oval international dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jbetts1967

Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
i have the 36" directv oval international dish. i also have the new Ka/Ku 5 lnb slimline dish. i also have a 6x8 zinwell multiswitch with 2 flexports. i already recieve the 101 satellite from the slimline dish and placed the 95W lead from the international dis to the flexport 1 of the multiswitch. i can not recieve the 95W signal. i have the new HD DVR from directv which can recongize the 95W satellite. do i have it hooked correctly with using the current 101 satellite from the slimline dish and the 95W satellite from the international dish. i have the following signal meters Accutrac 22 Pro, AccruTrac III signal meters. can anyone give me some advice on how to aquire the 95W satellite signal? thansk for your help...

thanks
john....

well, i had a unique idea... i took my other HD reciever and small tv outside and hooked it up to my 6x8 multiswitch.. and i finally tuned in 95W.. im getting 7 transponders and the signal strength is from 87 to 94. did think that this would work but it did. i went to directv channel 497, it said that this is a test channel for 95 horizonal txp 18V. however there is no picture on it all ther is is a blank screen. there is a description of what the channel is though. there are also test channels for 101, 110 and 119 and its the same thing a blank screen. is this normal? anyway i got the signal from 95W satellite. thanks for your help...

john....

i havent signed up for any international channels yet so i cant check it.... is ther a free channel for 95W to test the channel..

MTV Chi should be free and flowing. You should also see a DirecTV screen and music on channels 2027-2029 when there is no cricket on them.

When you run your setup, the guided setup typically does not have the option for the flex port sats. Run the normal setup. You should then have an option to run an auto-detect function that will then see any sats on the flex ports. This is how it works on my older boxes. You would think they would have corrected this process with newer boxes, but who knows.

MTV Chi should be free and flowing. You should also see a DirecTV screen and music on channels 2027-2029 when there is no cricket on them.

When you run your setup, the guided setup typically does not have the option for the flex port sats. Run the normal setup. You should then have an option to run an auto-detect function that will then see any sats on the flex ports. This is how it works on my older boxes. You would think they would have corrected this process with newer boxes, but who knows.

On H20 and Hr20 there is no need for an auto detect. They stopped the music for cricket channels long time ago. SBS was free to view at one time but not anymore. All you get now is a test channels

I have the exact same setup. 95 on oval (2 LNB for international) and HD on Slimline 5LNB.

95 can go on Flexport 1. On my H20, I told it that I have the 5 LNB dish, then there's check box for additional satellites. After that there is are two check boxes for 95 and 72.5. I checked off 95, then tested signal strength. I had trouble a first getting all the satellites detected, but I checked all my connections and cycled power on all my STBs, so the switch and LNBs could cycle power. Then the H20 saw everything.

On the 2 LNB Oval, International Dish you have to leave the 101 sat disconnected. It's a duplicate from the 5 LNB dish. So you should be using only one coax for 95.

On my R15s, which have no setup for so many LNBs connected, I had to do an autodetect.. It came back with 4 LNB Oval, got 101, 119, 95, and 110. I don't see any additional channels from just having 101 and 95 prior, but this did the trick in setting that up. Keep in mind that the R15 only has 1 Circular or 3 Oval setups to chose from for manual config.

i have the new HD DVR reciever with the slimline dish and the international dish connected to the 6x8 zinwell multiswitch.. i have the slimline connected normally and the 95W dish connected to the flexport1. i am receiving all satallites, 95, 101, 103, 110, 119, (99 is not available yet). all is working fine. i had no signal meter to read 95W so i had to improvise and got it working... even though i am not using the 101 sat on the international dish (2 cables) i installed the cables anyway.. anyway all is working fine... BTW what is the 72.5 satellite used for?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)