Directv 4K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bigstone

Original poster
Oct 17, 2018
Nc
If you hook up a 4K mini client to a 4K tv and more a hr54 to another location does the client see the hr54 receiver ? Can you do all the functions that the hr54 does from the client? How many shows can a hr54 do at once ? I have 2 dvrs and a genie can you connect the client and genie to the same tv and use some kind of an a/b switch or 2 hdmi cables and switch on at tv and only use client when watching 4K? I like that I can record 9 shows at once . Why do you need internet? Does the 4K come from there or the dish ? I only have a Verizon jet pack and the speed is only about 6.3 I can stream HD with no problems.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Bigstone!
If you move the HR54, make sure the coax for it is still connected through the power passing port of the splitter. It's marked by a red line. You can get one 4k stream with an HR54. You can connect more than one box to a tv, just use different HDMI inputs. You don't have to have internet. All live programming comes from the satellite.

Reactions: Bigstone
The idea behind the internet is so you can d'l the On Demand offerings .... i'm sure there are other things, but thats one you can't get the OD without the internet.

One feature the mini doesn't have is PIP. Nice for watching 2 games at the same time.

Does the HR54 or HS17 have the PIP ?

I was thinking the HR44 was the last that had that feature.

I have it on my HR44 but never use it.

The 54 has PIP.
Do you not use it because its a PIA to turn on and off?

The 44’s and 54’s both have PIP. The HS17 does not. It would be nice if it did and if the clients could do PIP as well.

I know, I’m beating a dead horse here..........

Reactions: I WANT MORE

The 44’s and 54’s both have PIP. The HS17 does not. It would be nice if it did and if the clients could do PIP as well.

Turning on and off I don't find to be a problem ....
I actually forget I have the feature, also I prefer to have the whole screen for the games, so I tend to just bet the two games and use the prev. channel button

Yes, It is a PIA. Several clicks to pull it up, then it puts what you were watching in the small window.
Seldom use it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)