DIRECTV 4S, 7S, Galaxy 3Cand SPACEWAY 1/2 end of life?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CycloneSat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 29, 2019
Loganville, GA
From the information I’ve gathered, DirecTV 4S should deorbit sometime next month, and 7S should be done by the end of the year. DirecTV 5 dosen’t seem to be carrying any channels anymore, at least according to Lyngsat. Same with Spaceway 2. Galaxy 3C is still operational, but I’ve heard in another thread that MHz Worldview is being axed. I’m trying to keep track on the status of these sats.

There's no way 7S can go away as soon as the end of the year. They have to shut down all the local spotbeams and there are only a few scheduled to go away at the moment. It will probably be around until at least next summer, if not longer. Directv 4S is already "de-orbited" (raised to a parking orbit) or at least Directv had scheduled for that process to begin on Sept 10th so I imagine it is complete by now.

Shutting down MHz Worldview has nothing to do with Galaxy 3C. That will go away whenever they have all the SD customers receiving the international packages upgraded. No idea what the status is, that might be done or it might be some time to go. Galaxy 3C will live on after Directv quits using it though, they only lease some transponders. Intelsat made filings for inclined operations to extend its lifetime to 2026. That'll work with its C band payload, not for Directv so they can't incline it until Directv no longer uses it...whenever that is.

Reactions: CycloneSat
From the information I’ve gathered, DirecTV 4S should deorbit sometime next month, and 7S should be done by the end of the year. DirecTV 5 dosen’t seem to be carrying any channels anymore, at least according to Lyngsat. Same with Spaceway 2. Galaxy 3C is still operational, but I’ve heard in another thread that MHz Worldview is being axed. I’m trying to keep track on the status of these sats.
This is a really great site that tracks current location and movement of all of the geostationary satellites in tabular form every time you update the link.

The home page has links where you can produce very detailed data and graphs for any satellite.

4s is still parked at it's station

https://www.satellite-calculations.com/11parameter/ephemeris/satellitepositions.php

Sent from S10 Plus
using the SatelliteGuys app!

G3C was also used for the DTVLA Latin American distribution which has now been transferred to DLA1 and DLA2. G3C had the largest RF payload I had ever seen on a satellite with CONUS Ku and C-band plus Ku frequency reuse for Latin america and extended Ku and C-band for uplinks from the US for the Latin American Ku downlinks. It was not uncommon to uplink on extended C-band which was cross strapped in the spacecraft to Ku downlink for many transponders.

One problem going forward with G3C is I don't remember it having a C-band beacon, which makes tracking difficult when inclined.

There's no way 7S can go away as soon as the end of the year. They have to shut down all the local spotbeams and there are only a few scheduled to go away at the moment. It will probably be around until at least next summer, if not longer. Directv 4S is already "de-orbited" (raised to a parking orbit) or at least Directv had scheduled for that process to begin on Sept 10th so I imagine it is complete by now.

Shutting down MHz Worldview has nothing to do with Galaxy 3C. That will go away whenever they have all the SD customers receiving the international packages upgraded. No idea what the status is, that might be done or it might be some time to go. Galaxy 3C will live on after Directv quits using it though, they only lease some transponders. Intelsat made filings for inclined operations to extend its lifetime to 2026. That'll work with its C band payload, not for Directv so they can't incline it until Directv no longer uses it...whenever that is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)