Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The following was sent to me tonight. This docement tells you how to setup and install a Dish for DirecTV's new 72.5 satellite and also includes a pointing chart.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 72.5 Install Guide.doc
    768.5 KB · Views: 5,227
Hey that looks like the guide I posted on 11-16 :) Glad you were able to shrink the download. My 8MB version was a bit big.

Marc

Sorry Marc, I didn't see it. This was sent to me last night so I thought I would pass it along. :D

While I see support for 72.5 & 95, I do not see a diagram that shows both behind a 6x8? 72.5, 95, 101, 110, & 119.

There are two flex ports you would use both. One cable from 72.5 and one from 95. Plus four from the phase 3.

OS on Phillips DSR704 for 72.5 sat

First, this is my first post but I have lurked for some time learning a lot from this forum. Thanks for everyone involved.

<begin rant>I was supposed to be set up to have local channels on the 72.5 sat this morning but an incompetent installer showed up. He took down my "old-white-Sony" dish because they were supposed to replace them whenever they saw one. That would be fine except for the fact everything was working fine with the "old-white-Sony" dish, at least all the 101 sat channels, and after he was done we had nothing, no locals on 72.5, no 101 sat channels, not even a signal on my reciever. After I hooked up my DSR704 to power and to the two lines from the dish. Still no signal. My wife told me he had unhooked a couple cables in the basement so I hooked those back up, still nothing. I went up on the roof to see what was going on and the dish wasn't pointed at the 101 sat. ARGH!!!! Now I'm set up after freezing by behind off in the dark for an hour and can get the regular channels on the 101 sat. </end rant> I did convince him, over the phone, to leave me my old dish and a 4x4 multi-switch.

Now for my question...I downloaded the document at the beginning of this thread and it said the OS for my reciever (Phillips DSR704) was supposed to be 3.1.1d-01-2-151 to get the channels from the 72.5 sat. I checked my system information and it says 3.1.1e-01-2-301 is installed. Do I need to force the phone line download to get the 72.5 channels?

Thanks,
-Ron

Assuming he pointed both dish's on the right bird, hooked up the multi switch (hopefully right switch) you will have to do an auto detect to find the switch and the 72.5 bird, (you have the most current software)

I must have been too ticked-off to mention many of the details of the "installation" experience. My "old-white-Sony" dish was lying on the ground. The new dish was bolted onto the house where the old dish was, wasn't pointed at any satellite and in the house he unhooked every cable he could get his hands on.

Thanks, Andyb, tonight I'm going to try to point my old dish at the 72.5 slot. I think I know all I need to know now. Here is my plan.

1) using a cheap signal meter, point the old dish at the 72.5 slot
2) hook the 72.5 slot dish to the A-sat (0 kHz) connectors on the 4x4 multi-switch
3) adjust the dish to maximize the signal using the reciever
4) hook the 72.5 slot dish to the B-sat (22 kHz) connectors on the 4x4 multi-switch
5) hook the 101 slot dish to the A-sat (0 kHz) connectors on the 4x4 multi-switch
6) do the auto-detection on the DSR704
7) watch local-channels after talking to D*

Make sure *ALL* STB's are tuned to either channel 100 or 201 when you run the setup. (Why? I haven't heard a good explanation yet.) Use the Autodetect setup feature to recognize the 72.5 sat, as the regular manual setup version doesn't detect the 72.5 and 95 sats. Version 3.1.1e should be fine, as it is later than 3.1.1d. On the DTiVo, you have to do the initial setup, which does not have the Autodetect option. It will set up without the 72.5. You then have to go through the dish pointing where you CAN choose Autodetect. [Stupid setup.]

please, if anybody how? setup 95 degrees, needs connected to 4x4 switch plus diplexer and in line amplifier to detec 95 degrees ? we got 101 degrees easy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)