Please reply by conversation.

jesserulz233

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2005
South Carolina
What's up!

This is my first post on here. Let me say first that this is a great site. Now to my question. I was wondering if anybody knows the date Directv Active will be released? In a statement from DTV's website, hey said it would be released sometime this month. I was just wonder if anybody has heard of a specific date.

Thanks,
Jesse

I have not head a firm date, and have not read of one, so as of yet there is none, if I am wrong someone step in and correct me but again I have yet to see one! by the way welcome to satguys, you will really come to love it here! let us know if there is anything more we can do

DIRECTV Active - This new portal demonstrates a wide range of interactive services from local weather updates to financial market summaries, and other customized information. Co-developed by DIRECTV and NDS, DIRECTV Active runs on both interactive-enabled DIRECTV DVRs and standard interactive-enabled set-top boxes
this is from this page
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050107/75625_1.html

xrf1 said:
What is DirecTV active ?

It will be their new interactive service. It's replacing what was previously provided by WINK if you remember it a couple of years ago.

They will have things like Local Weather, Lottery Numbers, Horroscopes, sports scores on demand etc...

The only problem is that so far it will only work with the D-10 receiver. So if you have a Tivo, no Interactive and if you have older receivers, no interactive..

I guess I won't get to use it because I have 4 Tivo's

One of my D* receivers is a Sony SAT A-65A, which had interactive capability for Wink. Are you guys saying that the new interactive service will not work with it? :confused:

hdtvtechno said:
umm, firmware upgrade possible ? :rolleyes:
On the existing D10's they'll be activating it with a software update, the first the D10's will have gotten. I know that's different from a firmware update but I felt it should be mentioned it :)

how do I use the mix channels on my d10? I thought i could arrow around and change the audio at least but no go. I even tried the colored buttons and they dont work either. What button do i press to toggle between the audio on the different screens?

not yet

it doesn't work yet. It will work when they do the software update for Directv Active sometime this month.

So basically as of this time, my d10 is just like any other receiver and all those fancy colored buttons dont do me any good yet?

mikedz4 said:
So basically as of this time, my d10 is just like any other receiver and all those fancy colored buttons dont do me any good yet?
Correct. This is even more perplexing to people who have old boxes that say interactive in the menu, and have had their remote replaced. Now they have a box that has options for defunct interactive services, and a remote with the buttons to power the new ones. :p

mikedz4 said:
how do I use the mix channels on my d10? I thought i could arrow around and change the audio at least but no go. I even tried the colored buttons and they dont work either. What button do i press to toggle between the audio on the different screens?

On my receivers, you have to change the audio feed to hear what is on 1 of the 6 channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.