directv active?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

futbolrey

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Just upgraded my receiver and i was wondering when i press the active button it takes me to the directv active menu; however, when i select mix channel i get a black screen (I think it says channel not availble). Everything else works fine i can check the weather and lottery numbers. Does anyone know what's going on.

My Active button does nothing. The manual says it's for future use.

Mix channels are visible, but can't navigate the panes to select audio... can only hear the 'default' audio.

jpn said:
My Active button does nothing. The manual says it's for future use.

Mix channels are visible, but can't navigate the panes to select audio... can only hear the 'default' audio.

Active is not ACTIVE yet,but you can navigate the various screens on the Mix Channels {Sports,News,Kids} by using the YELLOW button on the remote.It will be nice when ACTIVE is active.That is a great feature that I use a lot on my other 2 receivers.

futbolrey said:
Just upgraded my receiver and i was wondering when i press the active button it takes me to the directv active menu; however, when i select mix channel i get a black screen (I think it says channel not availble). Everything else works fine i can check the weather and lottery numbers. Does anyone know what's going on.

Do you mean when you try to get to the mix channels from within the Active menu? if so, have you tried going to the mix channels manually to see if they are blank that way too?

Active mix channels are 102,104, and 111.

FKy.Guy said:
Active is not ACTIVE yet,but you can navigate the various screens on the Mix Channels {Sports,News,Kids} by using the YELLOW button on the remote.It will be nice when ACTIVE is active.That is a great feature that I use a lot on my other 2 receivers.

Thanks... Yellow works on the Mix channels. Would be nice if I could navigate the 6 panes and Select one to tune it.

You're not missing too much really (I know, that's easy to say when you have it, but the novelty wears off quick), I would like to see the ability to create your own custom mix channel, that would be more useful to me. :)

damaged said:
Do you mean when you try to get to the mix channels from within the Active menu? if so, have you tried going to the mix channels manually to see if they are blank that way too?

Active mix channels are 102,104, and 111.

i went to the mix channel manually and its says channel not purchased.

Call D*, and state the problem, you may want to suggest to the CSR that they may need to 'rehit' your card (which may or may not help since the Mix channels themselves are open to all D* customers).

Before you do call D*, did you try unplugging the receiver from the power, wait 5-10 minutes, then plug it back in? Sometimes after an update, receivers do some wierd things until you hard reset it.

Last edited:
damaged said:
You're not missing too much really (I know, that's easy to say when you have it, but the novelty wears off quick), I would like to see the ability to create your own custom mix channel, that would be more useful to me. :)

Wouldn't that be a favorites channels ? !!!!

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Wouldn't that be a favorites channels ? !!!!

Jimbo

In a way, but it would be a MIX channel, not a guide filter, it would be a mix channel where we could add the six simultaneous channels of our choice then manipulate them using the active features used in the existing static mix channels.

Last edited:
called directv and said active mix channels aren't available on directv para todos :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts