directv adding URGE radio service?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
I heard that directv may be adding URGE music service to their existing xm lineup. Is this true, if so what will the lineup be and when will it go live?
thanks

Thats the rumor I am hearing and is what I posted earlier this afternoon to XMFAN (which is probably where you heard this rumor) :)

YUCK - I'd at least rather have Music Choice BACK. Think I'd better be considering getting a digital box from Comcast & get MC from there instead.

I don't get D* not adding some more Sirius XM channels besides the channels changed around since the merger, which happened overnight tonight. Not that I listen to the music stations much on D*, would be better IMO having more Sirius XM channels throughout then adding some other service, but that is just my opinion. Guess that means once Sirius XM agreement is up, whenever that is, D* will dump them and use this service, DMX, throughout.

yeah music choice is better than bland old dmx. I didn't know they still existed until 2 weeks ago i ran across their website.

my receiver still says "such and such was removed by xm." Where did you see urge or dmx music on those channels?

Only 4 DMX channels show in the guide now. I'd imagine some of the stations eliminated may become DMX, or they may re-organize the 800's, or they'll backfill the DMX into the 880+ range.

I can't imagine launching anything like that with just 4 stations. How many stations is DMX generally?

I can't imagine launching anything like that with just 4 stations. How many stations is DMX generally?

Most cable systems use a 37-45 channel lineup, of which is on the HITS lineup from the Comcast Media Center. (a pre-packaged digital lineup for cable ops to use, instead of them "rolling their own") Here's a list:

http://www.dmxmusic.com/guide/digitalcable.html
(note this website is old, but the lineup should be pretty much similar now)

But, DMX also has a 100+ lineup, which can be received by their own proprietary receiver.

http://www.dmx.com/files/library/dbsChannelLineup.pdf

I'm sure hopping if D* IS changing all over to DMX, we get more than the 45 ch lineup... :rolleyes:

Only 4 DMX channels show in the guide now. I'd imagine some of the stations eliminated may become DMX, or they may re-organize the 800's, or they'll backfill the DMX into the 880+ range.

Only 4 Channels? I though XM got rid or 10 Channels from Directv and then added 3 channels. If so, that 7 channels that are now gone from Directv. I don't understand?

i had dmx for at least 10 years ,i bought my own receiver and 2 meter dish. they had about 120 Chanel's. dropped them when they went under and some one bought them. but the still retain the dmx logo. i paid once a year,great service until bought out. regards ps i still have my receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)