DIRECTV adds 30 new networks to TV Everywhere.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
[h=2]DIRECTV Presents the Gift That Keeps on Giving: More Than 30 New Networks Added to TV Everywhere[/h]

DIRECTV Everywhere Now Offers New Content From Programmers Like A+E Networks, Scripps Networks Interactive, SHOWTIME and Viacom Media Networks
EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DIRECTV has significantly enhanced its DIRECTV Everywhere service by adding more than 30 new networks to the platform, with thousands of the most popular TV shows and movies on demand and available for access anytime, anywhere and on any device.

DIRECTV customers now have access to a variety of new on demand titles from A+E Networks, Scripps Networks Interactive, SHOWTIME[SUP]®[/SUP], Smithsonian Channel and Viacom Media Networks through their PC/Mac via DIRECTV.com, iPad[SUP]®[/SUP], iPhone[SUP]®[/SUP], iPod[SUP]®[/SUP]Touch or Android[SUP]TM[/SUP] phone, at no extra charge.

"We strive to provide our customers with a robust television viewing experience that delivers more choice and the most compelling programming, all delivered harmoniously across all devices," said
Tony Goncalves, senior vice president, Digital Entertainment Products, DIRECTV. "We are making significant investments in the multi-screen space and are committed to developing an 'everywhere' product that supports the needs of consumers, our programming partners and our advertisers."
Recently added networks available through DIRECTV Everywhere include, but are not limited to:

• AXS TV

• Logo

• SHOWTIME[SUP]®[/SUP]

• BET

• MTV

• Smithsonian Channel

• CMT

• Tr3s

• Teen Nick

• Comedy Central

• Nickelodeon

• Travel Channel

• Cooking Channel

• Nick at Night

• TV Land

• DIY Network

• Nick Jr.

• VH1

• Food Network

• Shorts HD

• HGTV

• Spike TV
In addition, DIRECTV has expanded its live in-home streaming lineup to over 60 channels. Last month, DIRECTV added both DIY and ION to its live in-home streaming service, which can now be accessed through the iPad[SUP]®[/SUP] and iPhone[SUP]®[/SUP]. DIRECTV will continue to work with programmers to offer even more compelling live streaming content for viewers to enjoy. For more information on DIRECTV Everywhere please visit www.directv.com/everywhere.

I wish ESPN was on there, but that will probably never happen.

Download the Watch ESPN App. :)

I do that and use my dads cox cable email address and password. Live ESPN 1,2 and 3 everywhere.

My cable company doesn't let you have it with just internet only. You have to also have cable.

I played with the DirecTV app last night for the first time and I got to say I am disapointed with it. They advertise this as a TV Everywhere app, and announce these 30 new networks, however it is not TV everywhere since you can not watch ANY of those channel outside your house live.

The only channels you can watch outside your house live is:
Audience Network
AXS.tv
Sony Movie Channel
Shorts
beINHD

The rest of the channels are not available outside your network so to me thats not TV everywhere.

Channels on the app which you can not get outside your house include:
CNNHD
NFL Network
MLB Network HD
NHL HD
NBA TV
Tennis Channel
Golf Channel
NBC Sports Network
HGTV HD
DIY HD
Food Network HD
E HD
Bravo HD
USA HD
Syfy HD
TNT HD
TruTV HD
TBS HD
FX
Lifetime HD
AMC HD
TCM HD
BBC America HD
A&E HD
bio HD
A&E HD
History HD
National Geographic Channel HD
Travel Channel HD
Discovery Channel HD
TLC HD
Volocity HD
Animal Planet HD
Nat Geo Wild HD
Science HD
Destional America HD
Cartoon Network HD
IONEHD
Halmark Channel HD
CNBC HD
msnbc HD
Fox Business
Fox News Channel
The Weather Channel HD
Univision HD
Starz HD
Encore HD
Hallmark Movie Channel HD
HDnet Movies
MGM HD
Universal HD
Smithsonian Channel HD
Crime & Investigation HD
Speed HD
BTN HD
Fuel TV HD
Fox Soccer

Scott, I agree with you. When you first posted the article about all of those new networks I thought wow this is great! I finally had some time to update my iPhone app and I'm at work now so I figured I would test it. None of those "new channels" are available! In fact only those 5 you listed work on my iPhone! TV Everywhere is so deceiving!

Even worse is their wording on facebook - deceptively vague!

"THIS JUST IN! Live TV streaming is now available on the Android and iPhone!"

Scott, perhaps you can help figure this out for me. Cablevision recently inked a deal with ABC/ESPN ( I believe) that was supposed to give us subscribers (I also have DirecTV) access to Watch ESPN and ESPN 3. But, they have yet to add Cablevision to the list of providers. Do you know when this will happen?

Thanks!

Nope don't know sorry, but try downloading the watch ESPN app and see if you can log in with your Cablevision username and password. :)

Well a thumbs up for finally updating it so it works on my Android Tablet, but "TV everywhere" should not mean everywhere in my house. I have TV's in my house,I don't need to watch tv on my phone or tablet when I'm home. The list of on demand programming has vastly improved though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)