Status
Please reply by conversation.

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
I was on the programing site at directv.com today, and I saw a new programing option. Directv all access for 119.99. You can chose the package, but it gives no details....Anyone have any info.

I am waiting for someone at DBSTalk to experiment. I hope it is what we all think it is. All programming (not including sports packages, PPV's, events, etc.), DVR fee, HBO, Showtime, etc. and NO mirroring fees on receivers. If this is the case then its definately a good deal especially for folks that have lots of receivers.

I tried a CSR.....But you can guess where that got me :) I have also tried to google/Yahoo news but no info

Way back when there was a ridiculous package that allowed you access to *everything* including PPVs.

Not sure I ever even saw it on an account, but it was briefly mentioned in training and in the intranet materials.

Ah, now i remember seeing this last year, it became a little more public:

DirecTV Titanium: the ultimate couch potato package - Engadget

Last edited:
I was on the programing site at directv.com today, and I saw a new programing option. Directv all access for 119.99. You can chose the package, but it gives no details....Anyone have any info.

This package needs to be with sports and NO movie channels !!!

Something like this was available (or speculated about) for like 7,000 per year, which I thought was rediculas it did not incluse PPV either.

Jimbo

Here is a screen shot when you try to change programming.

Attachments

• NewPackage.jpg
    NewPackage.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 281
I am hearing its Premiere Package, plus the Spanish Package combined into one package.

I am waiting to get confirmation on that though, so keep watching here or the other place and we should have an answer soon. :)

Actually I just got word that it may be something available in July. However they had no details yet.

Again I believe that its Total Choice Premiere and the Spanish Channels in one package.

I will keep my ear out. :)

i went back and checked my change programming option and it wasn't there. interesting that it can only be accessed by some subs!

This package needs to be with sports and NO movie channels !!!

Something like this was available (or speculated about) for like 7,000 per year, which I thought was rediculas it did not incluse PPV either.

Jimbo

That's Titanium... It's initial price was $7,500, but I've heard it's going up to it's list price of $10,000. For that, you get everey channel D* offers to the public-including all PPV channels 24/7. You also get 10 receivers of any type at no extra charge and VIP "concierge" service.

I've never had large installations, so I've viewed the mirroring fees as the same as tax Cable charges. Nickle and dimed for box and remote (separate charges) rentals as well.

I read something interesting that makes one think (link below). Isn't one of the main reasons people stay with cable is because of the mirror fees both E* and D* charge? Maybe if this new package will come about, the stratagy by D* makes sense.

Link:Cable companies to up set-top box rates - Yahoo! News

i saw that wednesday. so much for the ``free'' boxes those people with cable think they are getting!

"Sound&Vision" Sept 2007 on pp52,54 reveal one of lucky Titanium subsribers - Barry Sonnenfeld ("RV", "Man in Black").
10 HR20-700 installed, btw.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts