Directv and a hauppauge TV card

Status
Please reply by conversation.

swabbie

Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
IL
What is the best way to hook this up if possible? The new boxes only have a connection for cable in no cable out.

Thanks

I was looking up TV cards on the Hauppauge site,& not exactly knowing what model you have,if it only has coaxial cable inputs,about the only thing you could do with it is hook it up to an OTA antenna,either that or get a standard definition receiver like the D12. Like I said,I looked on the Hauppauge site & what might work for you if you want DIRECTV AND HD,is the Colossus. Hauppauge Computer Works: Colossus Product description. Here it is on Amazon if you wanted to price it. http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-Col...HD-PVR/dp/B004OVE2B4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

coaxial cable, Svideo, audio along with the remote input. On there web site it is listed as the 1250. What is a 1212?

However,if your receiver is HD & it has the new Black HD GUI,you may get a message that says "Your TV or its cables are not HD" if you are viewing your receiver on your computer using Svideo. This message comes up when you try to use the menu,list,guide,basically anything that causes the black HD GUI screen to come up,you get that message instead,along with another message that you need to hold the exit button down until you get confirmation that the screen has changed to SD(which in my experience NEVER happens).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)