Directv and Cable Laughing And Dish Will Lose

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

navvet

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
All of you who think charlie is right need to stop smoking crack and wake up. it may sound good in theory but in the real world its suicide. without viacoms major channels, dish will not be able to compete with other providers and will go bankrupt when the majority goes to dtv or cable. we are not talking 1, 2 or 3 channels we are talking about 15-20-25 major channels which by the way are very important to many subscribers. look at echostars stock on friday, it dropped almost 1.50 per share. just wait and see what it does on tuesday when the viacoms get pulled. can you say plummett. yes many of you don't care for these channels but many of us do. even if dish loses 25 - 50% of its viewers it will be a major impact and guess who will then have to pickup the tab and pay the increased rates... yes it will be you who are left to make up the difference. the principle is there but the end result will be suicide. so when your paying more money for a lot less channels you can say to yourself , " well, at least charlie did the right thing". think about it.

Navvet,
If you need to sit in your recliner with a beer in one hand and a bag of chips in the other and watch the idiot viacom channels then you better change to cable or direct.
It's just TV. It's not the end of the world. The sun will still rise tomorrow. Or perhaps you could do something to improve what is left of your mind after watching so much viacom. Read a book, travel, work on your trailer. I assume that you are a USN retiree,
did you know that the majority of Navy retiree's that just sit on their butt and watch TV after retirement never draw social security, they die first.

bcw, grow up or shut up. yes i am a vet, are you? i would assume with a comment like that you couldn't be. the military does require some brains. by the way, what channels do you like bingo tv or are you just a pervert into the adult channels and don't care about family channels like nick or tvland. get a life.

I think the amount of money that would not be paid for the Viacom channels would make up for at least some of the money lost for loss of subscribers, but I dont think we can expect to see the channels gone for too long. If this were to happen too much, certain channels going black every so often, subscribers will get tired of putting up with it and switch services, just because of that. This is just a matter of who is going to give in first, and Viacom may know what Dish is up to, thinking that they would give in shortly, but what if it is not shortly? What if it is a longer period of time? This is not going to be good for either side. Both sides have nothing to gain but a lot to lose if this is a longterm issue.

As a Navy retiree of recent retiree status, I would suggest you stfu :)

Talking about any service member negatively to support your warped idea isnt even slightly funny and suggesting any of us have less life left do to our service of our country is a slap in the face.

bcw is just repeating the, "so what it's just tv" setiment that has been said over and over on these boards. Ok thats fine, and you're probably right. But if it's just tv, why are you sitting on these boards talking about tv? Secondly, why would you have a satellite dish if you weren't interested in tv?

I agree with everything navvet said. This Viacom issue could kill e*. There's no reason to let a contract dispute go this far.

navvet said:
bcw, grow up or shut up. yes i am a vet, are you? i would assume with a comment like that you couldn't be. the military does require some brains. by the way, what channels do you like bingo tv or are you just a pervert into the adult channels and don't care about family channels like nick or tvland. get a life.

22 Years USN, E7 Retired, played in the delta during the south east asia war games. Now quit your whining and do something productive.

Astute Observation

navvet said:
All of you who think charlie is right need to stop smoking crack and wake up. it may sound good in theory but in the real world its suicide. without viacoms major channels, dish will not be able to compete with other providers and will go bankrupt when the majority goes to dtv or cable. we are not talking 1, 2 or 3 channels we are talking about 15-20-25 major channels which by the way are very important to many subscribers. look at echostars stock on friday, it dropped almost 1.50 per share. just wait and see what it does on tuesday when the viacoms get pulled. can you say plummett. yes many of you don't care for these channels but many of us do. even if dish loses 25 - 50% of its viewers it will be a major impact and guess who will then have to pickup the tab and pay the increased rates... yes it will be you who are left to make up the difference. the principle is there but the end result will be suicide. so when your paying more money for a lot less channels you can say to yourself , " well, at least charlie did the right thing". think about it.

Fully concur. E* will have problems with customers bailing out if they don't sweeten their package and I'm not aware of any programming out there that could rank as a worthy replacement. I found this post interesting. Keep it up. :yes

Army Master Sergeant (E8) Retired and still working.

They have plenty of programming they could offer you while the viacom channles are gone. Depending on your subscription level they could give you channels from a higher package or throw in some premium channels to make up till it's sorted out.
They could do that without even breakin a sweat.
As far as I am concerned that would be an improvment for me. :cool:

Going back to the original title of the post "Directv and Cable Laughing And Dish Will Lose", this is 100% wrong.

D* and Cable are quietly sitting in the background cheering Charlie on. Both of them would love to see this force-fed bundling of programming stopped.

One thing you need to remember: Charlie is a serious poker player.

Ultimately, believe it or not, though Dish has problems, this guy knows how to run his business.

We ultimately will not lose anything long-term. Just relax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)