Setup questions....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tampametal

Original poster
Mar 7, 2004
Lutz, FL
Hi all,
I am new here and want to say hi to everyone and that I enjoy reading your posts.

I just got my Dish 811 installed and love the HD channels (wish there were more) but I have tried the DVI connection and component and not really noticed that much difference. The DVI seems to be best option but I noticed sometimes the black bars on side arent even and cannot be adjusted. When i try to adjust with the 811 it just flickers and doesnt do anything else. I dont like to stretch the screen cause you all know what that looks like. Anyone have any suggestions? Even some suggestions about my setup would be nice cause I am learning everyday. My equipment should be listed below in my signature.

Thanks again,
Jake

tampametal said:
Thanks so much...any other suggestions are appreciated

Is your terk antenna bringing in all the ota local channels? If not, you're missing out on a lot. I had to mount a cheap RS broadband antenna on my roof to get them, but it was definitely worth it. The difference between the analog off air, E* locals, and digital off air quality is striking. Depending on where you are might make a difference in your reception, since all digital channels broadcast from Riverview except channel 10 which comes from Holiday. Luckily I am close enough to Holiday to aim my antenna at Riverview and still pickup the channel 10 signal. (I am assuming you are in the Tampa area.)

I had some problems in the past (now on 3rd 811) using DVI with my JVC RPTV. I am now using a component cable and having much better luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)