Setup questions....

tampametal

Original poster
Mar 7, 2004
Lutz, FL
Hi all,
I am new here and want to say hi to everyone and that I enjoy reading your posts.

I just got my Dish 811 installed and love the HD channels (wish there were more) but I have tried the DVI connection and component and not really noticed that much difference. The DVI seems to be best option but I noticed sometimes the black bars on side arent even and cannot be adjusted. When i try to adjust with the 811 it just flickers and doesnt do anything else. I dont like to stretch the screen cause you all know what that looks like. Anyone have any suggestions? Even some suggestions about my setup would be nice cause I am learning everyday. My equipment should be listed below in my signature.

Thanks again,
Jake

tampametal said:
Thanks so much...any other suggestions are appreciated

Is your terk antenna bringing in all the ota local channels? If not, you're missing out on a lot. I had to mount a cheap RS broadband antenna on my roof to get them, but it was definitely worth it. The difference between the analog off air, E* locals, and digital off air quality is striking. Depending on where you are might make a difference in your reception, since all digital channels broadcast from Riverview except channel 10 which comes from Holiday. Luckily I am close enough to Holiday to aim my antenna at Riverview and still pickup the channel 10 signal. (I am assuming you are in the Tampa area.)

I had some problems in the past (now on 3rd 811) using DVI with my JVC RPTV. I am now using a component cable and having much better luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts