directv and cable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwcontest

Original poster
May 7, 2009
AL
I asked this question to Directv but I guess they had no clue what I was talking about. This question may have been asked before but I couldn't find it so if it has please direct me.

I currently have Road Runner HSI. I'm planning on signing up for Directv and basic broadcast through Time Warner for local channels.

I'm going to order the Choice Xtra plan with 1 HDDVR for the living room and one SD receiver for the bedroom. I would also like the basic cable to go to these rooms. I currently have the modem/router in the living room connected to my PS3, other computer and laptop are wireless. I would like to leave the modem/router in the living room to connect to the HDDVR for DoD.

I know this is possible with running 2 lines BUT, is it possible to run the cable/internet/sat signals through one line from the outside so we don't have to drill/run wires throughout the house? Every cable outlet in the house runs directly to the outside cable box so there are no splitters.

Thanks in advance!

You are asking for problems if you try to diplex cable/internet on the sat lines. Especially with the KaKu frequencies.

Others here have found ways to do it or at least attempted it.
Hopefully they will chime in. :)

You are asking for problems if you try to diplex cable/internet on the sat lines. Especially with the KaKu frequencies.

Others here have found ways to do it or at least attempted it.
Hopefully they will chime in. :)

Well with E*, I haven't diplexed it, but I have them sharing the Rg-6 by means of a A/B switch in the basement. Even then I am using the TV-2 output of a 722vip dvr to side a of the swtich and the basic broadcast cable to side b. I have to manually go flip the switch, but it works, while feeding 5 tvs throughout the balance of the house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)