Directv and Dish using a single dish?

perUano

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Massachusetts
Is this possible since both satellite providers use 119 and 110 orbital slots?
I subscribe to both services and live in a condo with 3 dishes installed on my balcony but the management company is already giving me trouble telling me I am only allowed to install 2 dishes, but for all my programing needs I really need 3 I have a dish 500 and 61.5 for core programing and hd and a d* oval dish for spanish channels. Anyone have any ideas? I would rellay appreciate any input
Thanks a lot!
Jose

Is this possible since both satellite providers use 119 and 110 orbital slots?
I subscribe to both services and live in a condo with 3 dishes installed on my balcony but the management company is already giving me trouble telling me I am only allowed to install 2 dishes, but for all my programing needs I really need 3 I have a dish 500 and 61.5 for core programing and hd and a d* oval dish for spanish channels. Anyone have any ideas? I would rellay appreciate any input
Thanks a lot!
Jose
The best suggestion would be cancel DISH and switch to Directv for HD programming. That way you could use 1, 5LNB dish for all your programming. The oval D* dish is a phase 3 it receives programming from 101/110 & 119 satellite locations. Sounds promissing for getting DISH at 110 & 119 dosen't it, well Directv uses only 3 transponders at 110 and a special LNB that allows those transponders to be received as if they were coming from unused Transponders on 119. Directv also uses a different switching signal telling the receiver which satellite the signal comes off, for these reasons DISH receivers wouldn't see a signal from this dish.:):):)

Theres always cancelling both then feeding your kids double caffinated latte mocha grande's and watching them for all your entertainment needs :D

Or since Dish has a better HD package cancel Direct alltogether and add the spanish programming with dish

For about another 90 days. Its fairly obvious Direct will be pulling ahead of Dish in this regard with a simple look at the stations lined up for each. I'm a Dish sub and even i can see that.

Charlie needs to get off his ass and spend some money or pretty soon Direct will be beating Dish in sports and HD.

If the OP didnt have HD it can be done but you would need a Legacy setup with Dual LNB's as long as you don't have a bunch of receivers. Lets say it was one each.

Take a Dish500 and add a LNB on the side for 101. Now you would have 3 dual LNB's. Take one line from the 101 LNB and one from the 119 combine with a 22k switch and voila...DirecTV package (110 on D has only HD).

Take the line from 110 and the other line from 119 with a SW21 to DIsh...voila. Dish package

If you have more than one receiver per system you would need multiswitches but its still doable.

really crappy drawing attached

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 237
Hey Iceberg, you're the perfect person to ask this:

I'm in a situation where I only have LOS to the south. I was living life as a happy camper while Voom was a DBS as 61.5 was totally a clear shot, but then had to go back to cable when they folded. Once Dish picked up the Voom channels on 61.5, I subscribed to just Voom/HD. With the MPEG4 roll out, my bill is almost doubling from $25/month to almost $50, but yet I can only get the same 10 channels. What other options are there in and around the 61.5 location?

If the OP didnt have HD it can be done but you would need a Legacy setup with Dual LNB's as long as you don't have a bunch of receivers. Lets say it was one each.

Take a Dish500 and add a LNB on the side for 101. Now you would have 3 dual LNB's. Take one line from the 101 LNB and one from the 119 combine with a 22k switch and voila...DirecTV package (110 on D has only HD).

Take the line from 110 and the other line from 119 with a SW21 to DIsh...voila. Dish package

If you have more than one receiver per system you would need multiswitches but its still doable.

really crappy drawing attached

He could also add a D1000 or D1000.2 with a W bracket and add Legacy Dual LNBs for 101, 110 and 119 if he wanted but like Iceberg said 110 for D* only has HD. So all you'll need is two Legacy Dual LNBs and either dish with a W bracket (very important).

Another possibility is to have 101 from D* and 110 from E* with a D500 and add a second D500 for 119 and 129 for E*. The LNB for 101 MUST be Legacy though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)