DIRECTV and Havoc TV Put Viewers in Charge With havoc on The 101 Debuting April

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
DIRECTV and Havoc TV Put Viewers in Charge With havoc on The 101 Debuting April 4New Series to Feature Interactive Jukebox Where Viewers Vote via
Text Message to See Indie Music Videos and Action Sports Clips
EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 3, 2007--DIRECTV, the nation's leading satellite television provider, places the viewer in control with havoc on The 101, a new interactive video jukebox airing exclusively on DIRECTV's original entertainment channel The 101.

Debuting April 4, havoc on The 101 will feature an array of music videos from today's hottest indie bands, as well as cutting-edge action sports clips. An interactive component of the program will put the audience in control of each show's sequence by allowing them to text in votes, from their personal cell phones, effecting the video line up in real time. Viewers will also be able to 'chat' with each other by texting in messages that will appear on the left side of the screen while the videos play. Text message voting and chatting will be available on mobile providers such as Cingular, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile and Sprint.

More from DIRECTV

They've been doing test runs for this for a couple weeks. It's been on from 2am-6am. I assume it will be given a much better time slot when it launches officially.

The idea of voting for videos is pretty cool but there is no way to vote for free. Also, the on screen chat annoyed me after awhile. (If you can't stand any show on fuse that has chat messages on screen, then this isn't for you.) When they seemingly had technical problems a couple times and went to a prerecorded set of fullscreen videos, it was much better to see videos without all the clutter on the screen.

I don't mean to be too critical of havoc though. At least it's something different than the pop music that dominates CD USA and other 101 shows.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Renewal Price For MLB EI Super Fan

HR20 0x145 "superpillar" issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)