Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DIRECTV and Pandora Create Ultimate In-Home Music Destination

DIRECTV Customers Can Now Create Pandora Personalized Radio Stations at No Additional Cost with DIRECTV's New 1080p HD Guide

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV), one of the world's leading providers of digital television entertainment services, and Pandora (NYSE: P), the leading personalized radio service, are now giving customers unlimited access to personalized radio stations that play only the music they love from the comfort of their homes. Customers can easily search for their favorite artists, songs or musical genres and create personalized radio stations by using DIRECTV's new 1080p HD Guide, one of the industry's most intuitive and sophisticated HD on-screen guides.

click here for more

Too bad they didn't partner with Slacker. I think Slacker has a much deeper playlist

Scott Greczkowski said:
DIRECTV and Pandora Create Ultimate In-Home Music Destination

DIRECTV Customers Can Now Create Pandora Personalized Radio Stations at No Additional Cost with DIRECTV's New 1080p HD Guide

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV), one of the world's leading providers of digital television entertainment services, and Pandora (NYSE: P), the leading personalized radio service, are now giving customers unlimited access to personalized radio stations that play only the music they love from the comfort of their homes. Customers can easily search for their favorite artists, songs or musical genres and create personalized radio stations by using DIRECTV's new 1080p HD Guide, one of the industry's most intuitive and sophisticated HD on-screen guides.

click here for more

What a great addition! I'm really enjoying this.
Now I don't have to jump to my Roku to get Pandora.
Way to go direct.
How about adding Netflix?

It would be nice if it would show up on my receiver one of these days? I have the HR-34 and I've even forced a new CE download last weekend and still no Pandora. What the hell?

It would be nice if it would show up on my receiver one of these days? I have the HR-34 and I've even forced a new CE download last weekend and still no Pandora. What the hell?

Same here i can get it on my hr24-200 dvr hd receiver but dont get pandora on my hr34 dvr :)

I like Pandora, but the audio quality on D*'s Pandora channel is definitely 2nd rate. I consider it to be far from the "Ultimate" music destination. It would be nice if they had the bitrate up around 256kbps, or even 192. It sounds like it is more like 64 or 96 to my ears.

New sub (from Dish), and I still can't find this under my Extras menu.... maybe I need a FW update? I dunno.

And if I have the HR34, will my HR25's be able to access this thru the 34?

Who doesn't have Pandora somewhere in their home entertainment system already? I have three devices connected directly to my AVR that do Pandora (TV, disc player, GoogleTV).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)