Directv and Vonage ??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yes, just reset the receiver when u hook the standard phone line, this way the reciever will automatically detect it

Will it work any faster? and Will D* still be able to access my receiver? I don't want to do anything ilegal.I'm not to worried about PPV ,because I order online ,so I can watch a movie on all my tvs if I chose.I'm mainly trying to drop my land based phone service.

phones are just a ploy for d* to get u to order ppv and access caller id. but from what i understand it doesnt make a difference as far as speed goes. i always suggest to order ppv online their website because this will make all your receivers light up and not just the one when you order with a remote.

It makes NO difference, either to D* OR the receiver. Unless you have a crying need for onscreen caller ID, don't worry about hooking it up to the phone... ;)

Will it work any faster? and Will D* still be able to access my receiver? I don't want to do anything ilegal.I'm not to worried about PPV ,because I order online ,so I can watch a movie on all my tvs if I chose.I'm mainly trying to drop my land based phone service.

I have been doing it for over a year using at&t voip

HOWEVER.... when I connected my home security system to voip, the provider specified that most security equipment is incompatible with Vonage. She went on to say that there's a law in TX excluding Vonage usage where monitored security/safety equipment is installed. She also said that other VOIP providers do not have the same problems. I think I read earlier this year that Vonage changed their equipment and TX repealed the law, but don't quote me on that.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)