DirecTv Android App

Status
Please reply by conversation.
J

JoshC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 18, 2017
tEXAS
Ive used both Dish and Directv apps, seems I can do anything on the app from deleting DVR programs, timers, etc. Yet on Directv I can't even delete DVR programs, says they can't be deleted remotely. Does anybody has had the same experience with the directv app, am I missing something, or doing something wrong? Thanks

M

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 24, 2005
Md
the app is an afterthought
many people cant get it to work at all

raoul5788

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
:welcome to Satelliteguys JoshC!

Like mdram said, the app isn't very good. Often it won't connect or doesn't set a timer correctly if at all. Sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling helps.

A

AZ.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 26, 2011
crazy
That app is a complete joke on any of my android devices!.....And never gets improved?

E

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
I use the Android app occasionally. Never have issues. You can't delete from the mobile device as far as I can tell. If it matters, I have only used it via cell network twice once when I was in Burlington and there was actual real 4G LTE cell service and once when I was in Boston where I had the same. I have to be somewhere with wifi to use it usually.

J

JoshC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 18, 2017
tEXAS
Very disappointing that they don't do more to improve it, thanks for the info and welcome

Reactions: raoul5788
rapidturtle

rapidturtle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 3, 2010
North Eastern PA
I find that the live T.V. streaming works pretty good, but trying to access my DVR is a total crap shoot. Usually if I can connect, it tells me after about 5 minutes that the DVR is in use by someone else.

Status
Please reply by conversation.