DirecTV Annual Commitment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jaded13

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
Here is a flash...Any advanced equipment ie Tivo, HD or HD-DVR activated on or after August 1st will have a 2 year commitment. Doesnt matter if your a new customer or not. This is because the TIVO will be getting interactive features and the new MPEG-4 will be alot more costly to D

Jaded13 said:
Here is a flash...Any advanced equipment ie Tivo, HD or HD-DVR activated on or after August 1st will have a 2 year commitment. Doesnt matter if your a new customer or not. This is because the TIVO will be getting interactive features and the new MPEG-4 will be alot more costly to D

Where is this coming from? Have you seen an official release stating DTivos will be getting interactive?

Jaded13 said:

Not a flash as it had already been reported several weeks ago.

If a current customer,and there were no freebies,rebates or special pricing that required a commitment as a prereq,,,a friendly but firm discussion with a service rep,implying that you will not activate the new equipment or upgrade your service if requiring a commitment,will usually get any such requirement waived. Always worked for me,,,that is until it backfired recently and I did not have price protection from the latest increase!!!

MarkG said:
If a current customer,and there were no freebies,rebates or special pricing that required a commitment as a prereq,,,a friendly but firm discussion with a service rep,implying that you will not activate the new equipment or upgrade your service if requiring a commitment,will usually get any such requirement waived. Always worked for me,,,that is until it backfired recently and I did not have price protection from the latest increase!!!

Actually, I don't think anyone had protection from the latest increase. I was still under contract when the increase occurred, and my rates went up along with everyone else.

Status
Please reply by conversation.