DirecTV App on iPad - frustration!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SHW

Original poster
Oct 26, 2017
Houston
Ok.....I'm over my limit of patience threshold!!

I don't often watch the DirecTV app on my iPad due to the sluggishness and waiting around for the DVR program list to be listed. But when I do, its generally as a last resort. Normally I could get the content via another method, such as HBO Online or such. But where this is really frustrating is attempting to watch a program you recorded with your DVR off of a broadcast network where the fast forward, skip ahead, or just move to the point you want to watch in the program has been disabled.

To pile on to this frustration, if you get kicked out due to the app blowing up (which is a regular occurrence), you HAVE TO START ALL OVER AND WATCH AGAIN!!!!

To pile on even more....if your watching a recorded program, say...for instance....a world series game, on your TV with DVR and they are running long due to extra innings....and you say, "you know what, I'll get ready for bed and finish with my fantastic DirecTV APP that allows me to watch DVR recordings on my iPad" and you get ready for bed, hop in, bring up the app, wait....wait...wait for it to show up in the list, then bam....there it is! You click on it, it starts at the beginning of the recording and you think to yourself, "I'll skip toward the end of where I was watching", but noooooo, it won't let you do anything but pause. No skip ahead, no fast forward, no reverse, nothing but pause. Being 3 1/2 hours into the game....you just shut if off.

Sorry for the vent but I've looked around and don't see much complaining about this, but this has got to be happening widespread. I chatted with DirecTV since this surely had to be an error on my part because no one could design something so customer unfriendly and expect to make a living off of it! But to my surprise, the agent informed me its not DirecTV but the broadcast network that put these restrictions in. So my first thought is - oh my world, when will the actual DVR be hit. You know that if they are doing it on the app, the actual DVR is being discussed and someone is trying to force everyone to watch the commercials and from the beginning. They just haven't figured out how to do it without aggravating such a large community.

Oh..I almost forgot...DirecTV agent told me they understand my frustration....they are working on it....they will pass my message on to the people that are working on it.....and someone will be getting back with me. That it isn't their fault. It's the content or broadcast provider's fault as they set the controls. Whose app is it anyway...why did DirecTV allow the app to be controlled this way. Can the DVR feature on your main receiver be far behind?

So....someone please tell me I'm off base and have this wrong.

Anyway, another check in the chord cutter box. BTW....I did get up to go back to the DVR on the main TV to watch the game but it ran out of time as the extra innings exceeded the 1 1/2 hour buffer i added..... :-(

Found out on the news.

Thanks for listening

:welcome to Satelliteguys SHW!

I understand and share your frustration, be assured that you are not alone. The bottom line, the Directv app sucks, and it doesn't seem like they care. It's the same on an android BTW.

Yes, the directv app sucks!!!!!! Only reason I have directv is so that I can watch my Astros play. I have it in my room, Then we have Dish network in the rest of the house, Which we have had for ages, so I also have the Dish Anywhere app, and it's basically perfect, works perfectly, and you can do everything on the app that you can do at home, works flawlessly. And it's so fast. The Directv app is pretty useless

Thanks JoshC and Raoul5788. JoshC, you know of what I speak being an Astro fan where I probably missed the best finish ever of a world series game. Cest la vie.

I'll keep trying to figure all this out but they don't make it easy.

I am familiar with Dish's old app, the Slingbox. Is Dish Anywhere an evolved product from the old Slingbox app and hardware?

I use to be with Dish but moved, mainly for the NFL Sunday Ticket. Are you aware of any workaround? Someone told me that AppleTV has the individual games on demand but I really hate to go that way.

Thanks

The dish anywhere app is basically like directv app, except for everything works on the Dish

Yes, the directv app sucks!!!!!! Only reason I have directv is so that I can watch my Astros play. I have it in my room, Then we have Dish network in the rest of the house, Which we have had for ages, so I also have the Dish Anywhere app, and it's basically perfect, works perfectly, and you can do everything on the app that you can do at home, works flawlessly. And it's so fast. The Directv app is pretty useless
Then why don't you use that Perfect DISH app to watch the Astros ?

Reactions: ejb1980
That's the only reason I have directv in the 1st place, because Dish did not have root sports Southwest

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts