Directv billing department sucks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

daverp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
I have been battling with Directv for months to get the rebates promised applied to my account. I was promised $10 off for 20 months and $10 off for 12.

After several calls, I was told everything was taken care of and they would be on my September bill, only one showed up. After several calls all ending in an escalation and promised call back still nothing. I called back today and they are telling me my rebate was submitted on November 26th and that it will take 8 weeks to process. My only replay was you got to be joking, it is well documented in your system (which she admitted it was) that I submitted it on July 25th. I said you’re telling me it takes 27 weeks to get a rebate, her reply “Yes”.

I’m now sitting on hold for yet another supervisor, she said it’s going to be awhile. This ought to be fun.

I had a similar issue where the rebate check took over 6 months to arrive. After numerous phone calls and a lot of waiting I finally got my rebate.

Yes, rebates can take a long time, but remember they are almost always handles by a 3rd party clearing hose that deals with many companies at once, so communication is not always top notch. Actual billing is another story; so are we talking a rebate or billing errors?

Yes, rebates can take a long time, but remember they are almost always handles by a 3rd party clearing hose that deals with many companies at once, so communication is not always top notch. Actual billing is another story; so are we talking a rebate or billing errors?

True, but this a service credit so I would think it would be handle by Directv themselves. Regardless 18 weeks total and 10 since my first call where they admit I am owed the rebate is just plan unacceptable. Telling me it will take another 8 weeks is just ridiculous. As I told the supervisor that takes several months past the end of my contract with a company that I am rapidly losing the desire to do business with.

In the end he claimned to have applied the credit to my account and it will show on my next bill. I won't be too surprised if it's not.

Last edited:
I have been battling with Directv for months to get the rebates promised applied to my account. I was promised $10 off for 20 months and $10 off for 12.

After several calls, I was told everything was taken care of and they would be on my September bill, only one showed up. After several calls all ending in an escalation and promised call back still nothing. I called back today and they are telling me my rebate was submitted on November 26th and that it will take 8 weeks to process. My only replay was you got to be joking, it is well documented in your system (which she admitted it was) that I submitted it on July 25th. I said you’re telling me it takes 27 weeks to get a rebate, her reply “Yes”.

I’m now sitting on hold for yet another supervisor, she said it’s going to be awhile. This ought to be fun.

Sorry for your troubles, but I have found when I have called or was given a credit, it is done that moment, I can login and see it instantly. It maybe that the transition from Rupert Murdoch News Corp. to John Malone of Liberty Media, by years end could be causing turn over within DirecTV or new staff that just are not knowing how to process these incentives. Hopefully these issues can be resolved so not to get customers upset. I have to say I have been lucky based on your experience, DirecTV has always done what I have asked, and promptly.

Sorry for your troubles, but I have found when I have called or was given a credit, it is done that moment, I can login and see it instantly. It maybe that the transition from Rupert Murdoch News Corp. to John Malone of Liberty Media, by years end could be causing turn over within DirecTV or new staff that just are not knowing how to process these incentives. Hopefully these issues can be resolved so not to get customers upset. I have to say I have been lucky based on your experience, DirecTV has always done what I have asked, and promptly.

Your credit is different than the type of credit he is talking about his is a new customer credit and is a bit different because his is a rebate credit for new customers for activating services.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)