Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Is a price increase coming soon for DirecTV customers? They are if you are a commercial customer. And if commercial customers rates are going up, then chances are very good that they will be going up for consumers as well.

Below are some documents which SatelliteGuys has obtained and have gone out to DirecTV SMATV customers and dealers outlining the price increases.

SatelliteGuys we report... you decide. :) (Damn I sound like Fox news now) :D

Attachments

• SMATV ESPN_Fundamental_increase 1 1 2008 customer notification.pdf
    15.6 KB · Views: 365
  • SMATV ESPN_UC_increase 1 1 2008 customer notification.pdf
    15.7 KB · Views: 186
  • SMATV ESPNrateincrease 1 1 2008 customer notification.pdf
    15.4 KB · Views: 164
  • SMATV Fundamentals_increase 1 1 2008 customer notification.pdf
    14.8 KB · Views: 292
  • SMATV UC_increase 1 1 2008 customer notification.pdf
    15 KB · Views: 228
SUre a price increase is coming.

They'll announce it in Jan/Feb 2008, and start it March 1, 2008.

Probally $3 or so, just like every year :)

And like a sheep, I'll pay it without complaint, just like every year :(

I can buy more gas for $5 than I can milk which is even more sad IMHO. The rumored price increase has been expected since summer time and comes as no shocker; AND at least they have the reasons to back it up this go-round.

3.44$ a Gallon here...my father works at a gas station, good news everyone prices are going down little bit.
I think he said the price per barrel its going down by 2-3$..

Wasn't the extra 10 bucks a month for HD a price increase? Isn't the extra 5 bucks for the HD pack a price increase? And now more??? Sure is a far cry from " oh the HD isnt going to cost us any more" and "we only charge our custmoers more when programming costs go up". :rolleyes:

Wasn't the extra 10 bucks a month for HD a price increase? Isn't the extra 5 bucks for the HD pack a price increase? And now more??? Sure is a far cry from " oh the HD isnt going to cost us any more" and "we only charge our custmoers more when programming costs go up". :rolleyes:

What "EXTRA $ 10 ???" we have always paid $ 10 for the HD channels so it nothing extra... the others are optional, at least so far. although I think they should be included.

How's the HDNet lawsuit coming ? anyone heard anything about it ?

Jimbo

HD Net won their TRO (temp restraining order).

It only goes through Dec. 10th, so it is essentailly worthless since the free preview is until Dec 15.

They'll be back in court soon.

SatelliteGuys we report... you decide. (Damn I sound like Fox news now)

:haha:haha:haha

Scott, you are always "fair and Balanced"

Price increases for any carrier are going to happen. They have bills to pay just like you and I. They have shareholders that demand better performance annually, despite the fact that they are profitable. The moment they are down a few bucks from the previous year, peoples heads role at the company, and it makes it worse for the customers. So simply being a profitable company is not enough when it is a publicly traded company. If it is private, that's a different story.

HD Net won their TRO (temp restraining order).

It only goes through Dec. 10th, so it is essentailly worthless since the free preview is until Dec 15.

They'll be back in court soon.
Boycot the package :D,Sooner or later they have to give it for free,Right?:confused: I already took it off my package for December,I refuse to pay for it.

I, minimally, refuse to pay it until it's actually HD. HD-Lite (on the HDNets, etc) should not be extra!!!

The rumored price increase has been expected since summer time and comes as no shocker; AND at least they have the reasons to back it up this go-round.
They always claim increased costs. Given that the programming isn't expanding, I'm not sure they've justified the increases to everyone's satisfaction.

I actually expect a price increase every year - I raise the prices at my company also - doesn't everyone want to make more money every year? I have to give raises to my workers every year to keep them happy - prices for almost everything go up yearly - do any of you that are complaining about price increases not expect a raise or to make more money every year?

Where will that more money come from except from your customers. My business expenses go up every year, my cost of raw materials goes up constantly.

I have had several channels added to my package this year.:rolleyes:
This is about the packages that Scott posted notices for. While they didn't detail the channels present, I'll bet that they aren't introducing any new ESPN channels this year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts