roachxp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 13, 2005
Massachusetts
displayimage.php

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/02/17/directv-blade-coming-to-360-dashboard/
You will be able to download HD content, like on demand HD movies.

Now this is my question will the download content go to the 360 harddrive or will there be a future option to add usb external harddrive.:)

Last edited:
XBOX 360 is a Windows Media Center extender by default, that means it can be used to record HD onto your pc hard drives!!!

I think the case is just surrounding a laptop hard drive. Nothing special at all. I think you can just buy a laptop hard drive and install. Keep in mind, they are usually more expensive than PC ones and generally dont have the same capacity. You are better off connecting an XP PC or Media Center to XBox 360.

Brewer4 said:
I think the case is just surrounding a laptop hard drive. Nothing special at all. I think you can just buy a laptop hard drive and install. Keep in mind, they are usually more expensive than PC ones and generally dont have the same capacity. You are better off connecting an XP PC or Media Center to XBox 360.

yes and no.... If it's anything like the last xbox it will have a encrypted proprietary file system on it, that the average user won't be able to reproduce

Ryu said:
yes and no.... If it's anything like the last xbox it will have a encrypted proprietary file system on it, that the average user won't be able to reproduce

I havent tried it but the drive comes blank and you can reformat it. It locked on me and I had to reformat. Of course it lost all data. I have extra drives so I might experiment with this. Stay tuned.

I have the XBOX 360 (one for me and my COD-2 addicted son) and follow the hard core gamer threads. The 360 has to have everything signed to run off of the harddrive. You can't even transfer a simple HD WMV file (or any file for that matter) from your PC to the HDD as there's no official interface. Hobby freaks have found a way to wire it to the PC, but they can not put anything of substance on (stuff they legally own) and make play.

I think the 360 is too expensive and runs too hot to make it do more than just gaming, IMHO.

Last edited:
landlocked said:
I think the 360 is too expensive and runs too hot to make it do more than just gaming, IMHO.

I do agree that initial price was pushed up by limited supply but 300 bucks for an HD receiver is pretty good (not to mention it does gaming which is a plus ;) ). I have had 2 now doing Media Center things for 2 months (one core, one advanced) and they have performed 99%. I move my hard drive between the 2 if I want to game in a different room.

The only bad instance I had was during super bowl. I was using it all day doing gaming and then did super bowl and it had to reboot a few times at end of game do to overheating. I moved to cooler spot and since then flawless. The good news, recording is on Server so no lost to recording which is a plus. I think when the Core gets to $150 folks are gonna find this thing is an unbelievable bargain. I am definately weird in that its main purpose is Media Center for me. The gaming was just icing on the cake.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts