Directv Broadcasting WDSU NBC 6 on channel 361

Status
Please reply by conversation.
big props to DTV for doing this. Dish network...... nothing, Not even the hurricane info network that they had up during Katrina/Rita in 2005. Maybe the next storm E* will be better about this than Directv is.

WTG DTV a great public service for all that needs the information

I just seen the DirecTV plug on the channel. Way go go DirecTV. No doubt, this will bring in a lot of new sub's throughout the country with those wanting live coverage away from home or family wanting updates but, props as you made it happen. Another reason, I won't ever leave DirecTV for another carrier.

big props to DTV for doing this. Dish network...... nothing, Not even the hurricane info network that they had up during Katrina/Rita in 2005. Maybe the next storm E* will be better about this than Directv is.

Dish was going to put up a channel, but negotiations with FEMA and NOAA fell through at the last minute. Charlie Ergen was quoted as saying, "To protect customers from unreasonable rate increases and to ensure they pay only a fair amount every month, DISH Network draws the line at such excess and challenges strong-arm tactics."

Does anyone else see a PPV symbol on this channel, "$". I am recording it(for posterity) and it shows a PPV symbol on this reciever, just found it odd that the "$" showed up like that.

Dish was going to put up a channel, but negotiations with FEMA and NOAA fell through at the last minute. Charlie Ergen was quoted as saying, "To protect customers from unreasonable rate increases and to ensure they pay only a fair amount every month, DISH Network draws the line at such excess and challenges strong-arm tactics."
now thats funny :up

As a DISH customer, things like this often make me feel like a red headed stepchild. :( I stay with them because they are a few bucks a month cheaper and because I don't want to go through the hassle of putting up new equipment. :rolleyes: Right now, I'm just watching CNN and Fox News. This one probably won't directly affect me but if the local stations are right (which I receive as distant networks), the next one (Hanna) should come right through main street (and I'm in northeast Georgia). We REALLY NEED the rain as we are at a deficit even after the rain that Fay brought.

yup - coverage on this is excellent ... watching those waves hitting the top of that levee kinda makes your butt tight ...

Anyone currently watching channel 361 notice every so often a freeze in the picture and then black screen every so often? It comes right back on but I just wanted to make sure it wasn't my setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)