Directv Broadcasting WDSU NBC 6 on channel 361

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I appreciate D* putting this up.

I found out through this channel that my neighbor (a mississippi game warden) would likely be called out to assist with search and rescue in and around the landfall area when the storm passes. I sent him a text to tell him, and a few minutes later his bosses called.

Man I am ready for this thing to pass. We are on the outer bands of it, so not a terrible amount of wind, but there is some. It also seems like everytime it dies down, we get a new tornado warning and it starts right back up.

LOCAL

I watched it some of the last few days. I wish they would do this with all the local stations across the country. Put them up on the dish so we could check it around the country to see what is going on.

How did they get past the 'legal' issues with this?

I live in Laplace LA we where just east of the EYE I lost my Dish!! I had the LNB5.. Just called for a new one !!! I am wondering if I would get the NEW slim line DIsh?? I belive that is what it is called ( the NEW DISH)

I watched it some of the last few days. I wish they would do this with all the local stations across the country. Put them up on the dish so we could check it around the country to see what is going on.

I think WDSU is on board with it because of the whole "serving the public" thing as they have promoted it several times on the broadcast, what I want to know is how they got the local feed because I thought all but the DNS stations were on spotbeams.

I hope...

they continue to provide nationwide viewers with this type of service. Much appreciated. With Hanna, Ike and Josephine coming up the rear I know what I'll be watching, hopefully! Thanks Directv.

Because they are not airing network programming and commercials that would conflict with stations in other DMAs.

Very cool of them to do this, however, I really hope that now since they have done it for New Orleans, that they will continue this coverage to ALL OTHER AREAS when other areas are affected by storms (of course, only if its 24 hour coverage as WDSU is). Thankfully Gustav wasn't nothing of its former self over Cuba. Basically, I hope they will include at least one channel from each market that is likely to be affected by a severe hurricane, as Gustav was predicted to be.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)