Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Channel Launches

• Revolt HD:Music-oriented Revolt HD airs on channel 384. Its programming includes music videos, artist interviews, exclusive performances and original series and specials.
  • Comedy.TV HD:Airing on channel 382, Comedy.TV is home to live and recorded comedian performances, variety shows and more.
  • Justice Central HD:Programming includes reruns of court shows such as “Justice for All” and “We the People.” Justice Central HD airs on channel 383.
  • MBC Drama HD:Available on channel 385, MBC Drama airs Korean-themed programming, such as movies and dramatic series, with all shows subtitled in English.
Channel Rebranding

On January 12, ABC Family will rebrand as Freeform and continue to air on channel 311. Freeform will broadcast much of the same programming currently found on ABC Family, with plans to add more original programming aimed at young adults in the future.

Channel Name Changes

The following home-shopping and infomercial channels have changed their name, though they will continue to air at the same channel location:

• Epic (channel 323): Now called As Seen on TV
  • Havas (channel 325): Now called ShopTV
  • SHOP (channel 309): Now called SALE Network

Reactions: whitewolf8214
It's an interesting case that DirecTv/AT&T is adding the Comedy.tv and Justice Central channels, as they are part of a discrimination lawsuit settlement.

We may likely see 3-4 more new channels as part of this partnership, including ES.TV, Cars.TV, Pets.TV, MyDestination.TV, and Recipe.TV (perhaps some of this group).

The programming looks pretty weak, they seem to just re-air a couple of shows all day.

This page has a good summary of the programming and the recent lawsuit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertainment_Studios_Networks

On January 12, ABC Family will rebrand as Freeform and continue to air on channel 311. Freeform will broadcast much of the same programming currently found on ABC Family, with plans to add more original programming aimed at young adults in the future.
I wonder what the EPG indicator for Freeform will be. If they call it "FREE" I imagine they will get a lot of complaints if the channel is not actually included in all packages.

Reactions: ejb1980
I wonder what the EPG indicator for Freeform will be. If they call it "FREE" I imagine they will get a lot of complaints if the channel is not actually included in all packages.

FRFMHD perhaps? Something tells me that you're very right, they're not going to put FREEHD anywhere on the system!

Maybe a little off-topic, but I was watching DirecTV Korean Channel SBS (2080) today (8/30/16) and, for a time -about an hour- it was being broadcast in HD. This is not like MBC-Drama on Channel 385, but in the usual Korean Package Channels on the International Satellite at 95 deg.

I expected my wife, who is Korean, to be jumping for joy, but she barely noticed the change in definition.
She's all into dialog and content, not in the means by which it is presented. Hopefully, this is the beginning of a conversion to HD,
well overdue, of at least the major Korean Channels, SBS, MBC, and KBS.

Maybe a little off-topic, but I was watching DirecTV Korean Channel SBS (2080) today (8/30/16) and, for a time -about an hour- it was being broadcast in HD. This is not like MBC-Drama on Channel 385, but in the usual Korean Package Channels on the International Satellite at 95 deg.

I expected my wife, who is Korean, to be jumping for joy, but she barely noticed the change in definition.
She's all into dialog and content, not in the means by which it is presented. Hopefully, this is the beginning of a conversion to HD,

The "other site" posts the weekly changes and a few weeks ago SBS HD went into test on ch 2080. Looks like it is there now! It must be annoying to have all the channels up in the 2000s for a Korean package, but MBC is 385. Never made a lick of sense to me! Kinda like BBC World and CCTV News being no where near each on the dial... and we won't start the whole CNN pays for terrible channel location!

With NHK doing 4K for the Olympics, I am surprised there isn't NHK HD for Japan.

To note ...

The new HD feed for SBS ch. 2080 is actually coming from the D11 satellite at 99W (XPNDR 13). While the SD feed is still coming from the G3C satellite at 95W (XPNDR 1) as always.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

HoTaT2: I don't see anything other than local broadcast feeds on D11 - X13, according to the lastest on Lyngsat.

Further, Lyngsat reports that SBS is only received on the G3c bird here in North America.

Where did you happen to pick up your info?

HoTaT2: I don't see anything other than local broadcast feeds on D11 - X13, according to the lastest on Lyngsat.

Further, Lyngsat reports that SBS is only received on the G3c bird here in North America.

Where did you happen to pick up your info?
Oh no, Lyngsat is way out of date and inaccurate in the area of the current DIRECTV XPNDR progam loadings and configurations.

Download the latest Excel XPNDR maps here for up to date info.

http://dbstalk.com/index.php?/topic/200951-Transponder-Maps:-Domestic--~--Data--8/31/2016

Check under the "Hybrid" tab that has current channels under test which are preceded by an "*" asterisk such as "*SBSHD."

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Check under the "Hybrid" tab that has current channels under test which are preceded by an "*" asterisk such as "*SBSHD."

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks! Much better! Funny thing, tho, I just came from a Korean Restaurant where they had SBS in HD, and my DTV app
shows SBS to be in both SD and HD. When I got home, I had no SBS HD, so I called DTV's customer service, and they informed
me that the current SBS HD broadcasts are for 'business customers only'. That sucks!

Rick

One World Sports, ch 623, is finally showing on the app. Guide data on the app starts Monday morning.

Well, there is a God, oh yes, there IS a God, DirecTV be thy name! Yesterday, September 5, DirecTV opened up HD on
Korean Channel SBS, and oh, it looks SO much better! My wife finally noticed how much clearer the program on TV
looked!

Well, there is a God, oh yes, there IS a God, DirecTV be thy name! Yesterday, September 5, DirecTV opened up HD on
Korean Channel SBS, and oh, it looks SO much better! My wife finally noticed how much clearer the program on TV
looked!

It's actually been there since for at least a week...

It's actually been there since for at least a week...
But only for business subscribers. See my previous posts. I was at a restaurant the friday before, and it was on
there, but not at my home. I called DirecTV who informed me of this. Then, on Labor Day, it suddenly appeared
on my lineup! So, here we are!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)