directv ciema connection kit

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kristinemsu

Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
new york
in my direct tv order it states i can get the directv cinema connection kit free - is this a separate component or are they just connecting to my wireless router? If I don't have my wireless ordered at the time they install, can they still set it up and I add it later?

Its a kit that lets your direct TV dvr to connect to the web to get vod I have this with my hr24 is a little black box basically a wifi connection

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

This thing is a wi-fi solution? Figured it would be wired only.

They offer two different ones, wired, and wireless (mine is a a regular white DECA). MRV runs over the DECA network. VOD, media connect, and 'phoning home' use the CCK, and even in a congested wireless situation it wouldn't be a bottleneck to either of those services. VOD is capped at ~6Mbps at Directv's end.

I think you only get the wired kit with the installation. Its a DECA module and power inserter which connects via cable to an ethernet port in your router. They do have a wireless adapter available on the D* website but AFAIK its optional at extra cost. Best to go with the wired solution as long as one of your receivers is within ethernet cable distance from your router.

They offer two different ones, wired, and wireless (mine is a a regular white DECA). MRV runs over the DECA network. VOD, media connect, and 'phoning home' use the CCK, and even in a congested wireless situation it wouldn't be a bottleneck to either of those services. VOD is capped at ~6Mbps at Directv's end.

I was just thinking about other possible interference points with that thing's wi-fi. I mean IF it happened on my phone or laptop not a big sweat (it doesn't) but with A/V services; that would be a real pain.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts