DIRECTV Confirms Channel Moves

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is a really foolish thought process. Many of us are very frustrated with the lack of HD premiums with DirecTV. If you cannot see the value of having all 26 HBO/MAX channels in HD over just having the flagships and a DVR, you just don't get it. Nobody is going to change your mind. Many of us would jump ship in a heartbeat for premium channels.

I used this example before when somebody (maybe you) used your argument about the premium channels. When George Carlin died, HBO COMEDY aired a ton of George Carlin specials. These specials were not aired at all during that same month on the flagship HBO. So having a DVR and the flagship HBO does one no good if the content isn't aired during that month on that channel. There are plenty of examples of the multichannels not airing the same movies or series during the same month as the flagship. Additionally, sometimes people like to sit down and flip channels or pull up something that is on spontaneously with no planning. I have discovered hundreds of movies I would have otherwise never seen due to flipping. If you don't know a movie exists, you don't know to get it off Netflix, buy it, or DVR it when it airs on the flagship.

With the Internet, DVRs, and Netflix, there is as much need as ever for multichannels and we want them in HD. Multichannels are far from obsolete.

Actually it sounds like you are upset with the offerings of D*'s Premiums, not all the HD channels .....
Your dumping them all in one basket and saying your not getting this otr that, but you have the majority of the rest of the HD .

Will they keep the same price points for the premiums when they add the new ones ?
Cinemax is $ 12.99 for 3 channels, they better add more to that list without adding cost.

Actually it sounds like you are upset with the offerings of D*'s Premiums, not all the HD channels .....
Your dumping them all in one basket and saying your not getting this otr that, but you have the majority of the rest of the HD .

I am upset about both. I am upset that D* doesn't offer all available premium multichannels and I am upset that they don't offer all their premiums in HD.

Not sure about your second sentence. Not sure what you mean. Outside of premiums, DirecTV is missing a ton of HD nationals (Travel Channel HD, AMC HD, TruTV HD, Investigation Discovery HD, just to name a few I watch and want in HD).

But my biggest problem with DirecTV is the premium channels. The lack there of AND the HD's. If they suddenly carried all 26 HBO/MAX channels and all the Showtimes and Starz in HD, I would probably keep them and see no need to switch to FIOS when I can get it again.

Will they keep the same price points for the premiums when they add the new ones ?
Cinemax is $ 12.99 for 3 channels, they better add more to that list without adding cost.

Considering most providers offer way more than 3 Max channels for that price or lower, I would EXPECT that DirecTV not raise the price.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts