DIRECTV CSR told me that a new package will be avail Feb. 5th without sports

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

arkgrl24

Original poster
Jan 20, 2015
Shreveport, LA
While calling in to DirecTv to get credits applied to my bill (my bill is outrageous without discounts since my contract is up) the DirecTv CSR informed me that a new channel lineup is going to be available coming February 5, 2015. I had been complaining about paying the astronomical prices for the sports channels that I NEVER watch (ESPN among others) and she informed me that due to the increasing amount of customer complaints about this same issue, DirecTv was going to offer a channel lineup WITHOUT sports channels for a cheaper price. They are supposed to include all the regular channels, just no sports channels. It is supposed to be "a cheaper alternative for people who are not sports fans".

Has anyone else heard of this? I have not been able to find anything specific about this with a web search.

I currently get the Choice package, and the CSR was aware of this. She told me that I would get all the same channels I get now, minus the sports channels and that it would be cheaper. I spoke with the CSR just after noon today (01/20/2015).

I'm currently grandfathered into "Choice Xtra Classic". The "Select" package doesn't even show up as an option for me. Personally I would love to be able to strip the sports channels from my current package. I don't have any problem with sports or the sports channels, I just don't watch them as most of the events I care about are carried on the locals. I would drop to Select or Entertainment if I could get FYI, H2 and Science. I would welcome the ability to strip any genre - sports, news, movies, education, ethnic, kids, locals, etc. - from packages to save money.

If you google "Directv select package" you will get the list of channels in it.

A package with everything but sports, not select which is some channels without sports, would be great when out of season. Doubt that will happen though.

I'm not a sports fan either. I seriously doubt it, but is there anything comparable to Premier without the sports channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)