Directv deals for existing customer?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Given its the same address and we have the equipment it would seem to me sleezy..... as I stated before, there is enough greed going around not looking for it all just looking for a fair deal that a new customer would get.
Really, if enough people do the married thing eventually it will catch on and it will go away.

We do catch on we just generally ignore it unless you leave us with a huge unpaid balance and then when the spouse signs up we end up canceling the order .

It's pretty funny to see someone here or on other forums saying - I've been a DIRECTV customer for 1 year, or x years, or what and says - They want to charge me full price for 4 more HD DVRs !! Jesus christ !! I can't believe this !! I pay for the football package !! They owe me !! :mad:

Funny you mention that I just dealt with a customer who wanted 4 free hddvrs. Guess what he did not get.

I also ALWAYS pay me bill in full on-time too though.

This is huge and most people don't realize it.

I get to a house and they complain about what they were offered saying how they always pay their bill. (Well duh, if you didn't pay it, they would cut you off and I wouldn't be there.)

I then ask, but do you pay it on time every time?

Of course the answer is usually "no" (or they lie lol).

If you consider all the subscribers that D* has and if half pay their bill late, the thousands of dollars possibly millions that costs D* every year.
First off, that is not money sitting in the bank they can collect interests on.
Second, they have money they have to pay out to networks and employees.

Do you think Stonecold will accept his paycheck coming 2 weeks late because Joe Shmoe was 2 weeks late on his bill?

Don't think so. lol

What should I expect to get when I call to upgrade? I have been reading the different post and I am a little confused.
I have been a customer since 2006, my 2 year agreement was over in 2008. Needless to say I have antique equipment. Im ready for HD DVR, but not the whole house just the main TV. Do I have to threaten to cancel?

I get very annoyed with service providers that offer better rates to new customers than they do to long time existing customers. As a potential new customer, I see how I will be treated once the honeymoon is over and much my business and loyalty means to them, not much. The cost of care-and-feeding of existing customers is far less than the cost of getting a new customer up and running so why treat existing customers as if they have no where else to take their business? I think that new customer only incentives are bad for business. If a company wants to retain their existing customers they need to do just the opposite and give them a reason to stay on-board.

kjlued said:
This is huge and most people don't realize it.

I get to a house and they complain about what they were offered saying how they always pay their bill. (Well duh, if you didn't pay it, they would cut you off and I wouldn't be there.)

I then ask, but do you pay it on time every time?

Of course the answer is usually "no" (or they lie lol).

If you consider all the subscribers that D* has and if half pay their bill late, the thousands of dollars possibly millions that costs D* every year.
First off, that is not money sitting in the bank they can collect interests on.
Second, they have money they have to pay out to networks and employees.

Do you think Stonecold will accept his paycheck coming 2 weeks late because Joe Shmoe was 2 weeks late on his bill?

Don't think so. lol

I have always paid my bill on time, don't think I ask for too much thruout the year ....
They actually have MY money collecting interest on.
I ask them if they can help out with the ST and usually they give me something, maybe $ 10 off for the duration, that's it. I don't ask for much too often.

SparksPA said:
I get very annoyed with service providers that offer better rates to new customers than they do to long time existing customers. As a potential new customer, I see how I will be treated once the honeymoon is over and much my business and loyalty means to them, not much. The cost of care-and-feeding of existing customers is far less than the cost of getting a new customer up and running so why treat existing customers as if they have no where else to take their business? I think that new customer only incentives are bad for business. If a company wants to retain their existing customers they need to do just the opposite and give them a reason to stay on-board.

I agree, to a certain extent .... I would expect the same as a New sub, as they are usually program related, if you look online you'll probably see that they are offering you a break on new equipment.
You probably didn't know that, however, its on your account in most cases.

I've been a DirecTV customer since 1997.
We are under no contract right now and our monthly bill is $90+ per month. We have Total Choice, no locals, 3 receivers, one of which is a DVR.
Maybe I shouldn't be complaining and perhaps my deal is not too bad in respect to what others are paying. But I'm just sick and tired of seeing $90 a month go out the window for TV.
DirecTV always has a deal for new customers, bet never deals to retain existing customers, (that I've seen).

I could simply go to Dish I suppose, but for 2 reasons. I’d rather not go thru the hassle of switching providers and I do love the Major League Baseball Network that Dish does not offer. :(
Does anyone know of any offers going on right now to existing customers?

Thanks..!

I've been a DirecTV customer since 1997.
We are under no contract right now and our monthly bill is $90+ per month. We have Total Choice, no locals, 3 receivers, one of which is a DVR.
Maybe I shouldn't be complaining and perhaps my deal is not too bad in respect to what others are paying. But I'm just sick and tired of seeing $90 a month go out the window for TV.
DirecTV always has a deal for new customers, bet never deals to retain existing customers, (that I've seen).

I could simply go to Dish I suppose, but for 2 reasons. I’d rather not go thru the hassle of switching providers and I do love the Major League Baseball Network that Dish does not offer. :(
Does anyone know of any offers going on right now to existing customers?

Thanks..!

Ive been with direc tv as long as you.
I also have dish network.
The ''only'' reason (big reason) is all the sports packages i get
from direc tv.

I pay roughly 165 per month. It hurts just saying it.
3 dvrs plus mrv. I get everything pack or top package.

They will not budge on promos lately.
Its been years since Ive seen them bend over backwards
for current customers. Unless you threaten to leave. I wont do that.
I have no intention of leaving.

I just bite the bullet and keep them around.
If it was not for my love of tennis, football and hockey
Id get rid of them.

I must admit the picture on direc is just awesome!
latest crop of dvrs while good, just not as good as my dish vip722 and 922.

Just not thrilled with direcs customer service these days.

To me, since I pay for both direc and dish, Dish is by far the better value.
Plus, dish gave me 8 pay per views as a thank you for being a loyal sub.

By the way I did not ask they just notified me.

Thats great customer service!

Ive been with direc tv as long as you.
I also have dish network.
The ''only'' reason (big reason) is all the sports packages i get
from direc tv.

I pay roughly 165 per month. It hurts just saying it.
3 dvrs plus mrv. I get everything pack or top package.

They will not budge on promos lately.
Its been years since Ive seen them bend over backwards
for current customers. Unless you threaten to leave. I wont do that.
I have no intention of leaving.

I just bite the bullet and keep them around.
If it was not for my love of tennis, football and hockey
Id get rid of them.

I must admit the picture on direc is just awesome!
latest crop of dvrs while good, just not as good as my dish vip722 and 922.

Just not thrilled with direcs customer service these days.

To me, since I pay for both direc and dish, Dish is by far the better value.
Plus, dish gave me 8 pay per views as a thank you for being a loyal sub.

By the way I did not ask they just notified me.

Thats great customer service!

Directv gives you a Loyalty award (?) every year during your anniversary month.
Personally, if they offered me 8 PPV's, I'd pass as I don't watch movies but once in a great while.

Not sure if it will very between customers.

But, I was on my account tonight. They had a message saying thanks for being a loyal customer or something like that, and didn't think anything of it.

Then about 5 mins later my mom, coincedentally asked about Nat Geo Wild On Demand, I say mom, we need a HD Dvr, she says ok.

Then for the heck I take a peek at the receivers, and HD said 99, HD Dvr 199, SD 69, and DVR 99, then they are all red marked.

Says FREE fort the HD and HD Dvr, then 49 for both SD DVR and SD receiver.

So, needless to say, I ordered one HD Dvr for free, but paid a service fee of 50, which isnt a biggie. Since im late on occasion paying my bill.

So. My question is has anyone else had these offer(s). And what should I know about HD Dvrs.

Is it true On Demand is free with a HD Dvr. And how good is the directv cinema, Im thinking july 1st to order TF 3 DOTM instead of fighting crowds for the movie.

And if we all wanna go, me, mom and sister, its gonna be 10 each plus tax and whatever drinks/food.

Anyway, Im stoked and happy.

So awesome going DirecTV you have my loyalty. And here I was thinking to switch to FiOS, lol.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)