OTHER directv dish+ariza 750CX

newbie01

Original poster
Sep 13, 2015
ny
My house came with a directv dish from previous owner. I am in Lockport NY(78.68W) and the dish points SSW. I assume it is pointing at a directv satellite but dont know which one. My Ariza needs to know which satellite. Is the Ariza to old to pick up anything? Will I need to reposition the dish? I am not getting anything from Ariza scans although it shows 25-35% signal depending on which satellite I select. Any suggestions? Thanks.

That receiver was heavily used 8-10 years ago for illegal reception of pay TV.
If it don't have pirate firmware on it that has it messed up, it will work on 97W Ku.
However you will also need a larger dish to be reliable, so might as well get a modern receiver while you are at it.

Thanks. Does this mean repositioing? I tried scanning T-5/KU (97W) but it didnt find anything. Do I need to enter stuff manually? e.g. Ariza shows 12145 MHz as frequency for T-5.

You will not get anything until you:
1. If you keep that dish, you will have to buy a linear LNBF and adapt it to work with that dish. This can be rough for a newbie.
Plus the dish is too small to get all transponders.
Yes, you will have to re-postion the dish. Go to www.dishpointer.com and enter your address and select 97W.
2. Buy a new larger dish and LNBF. 90cm or larger is recommended.

If you want to proceed we will be glad to help you select a dish and LNBF and receiver.

Directv uses a different transmitting scheme then what a FTA receiver can pick up.

As noted need a different dish and LNB

I cant really see spending a lot of money until I know I can get something in this area. I have a wildblue dish with regular LNB in storage that i guess i need to try at this location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)