Directv dish installation problem?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Carta

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Northeast PA
Hello,
I bought a Directv elliptical 3 LNB multi-dish to replace my old standard dish, in order to get local channels. Well, after 2 days trying to find the signal, I don't think I found the right one, b/c I still can't pick-up locals.I receive all the channels previous to replacing my old dish.Even though I'm not "locked" on one of the sats, I still pick-up programming. I get a "peak level" of 90, but the "current level" fluctuates. It's evident I'm on the wrong satellite so what do I do now? What sat. am I trying to find?...101,110, or 119? My zip is 18702. My coordinates are:
Azimuth...238
Elevation...31.2
Tilt...57.7
Thank-you
ps...I DO have local channels in my package.

Installation

The 3 LNB dish "aims" at the 110 satelitte and tilts to get 101 &119.
Directv info suggests the Wilks-Barre Pa. locals are sent from the 119 satellite.
You should peak the satellite on 101 by Az and El 1st, then fine tune 119 via the tilt. The 119 satellite is much lower than the 101 and frequently can be blocked by trees.
The info on Sadoun's aiming guide give the co-ordinates for 110 sat as
Az - 225.8
El - 31.1
Tilt - 57.4

Doctor j

PATONENOW said:
IF you receive locals on 72.5 you may need a seperate dish and a zinwell 6x8 switch which works on that set-up. Depends where you are.
-----------
When I input your zip code in my receiver it gives the following:\EL-31.1
AZ-238.5
TILT-57.3
According to lyngsat http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/directvusa119.html
your locals are on the DirecTV 7S @ the 119 West (Scranton) Satellite.
If you aim at the 110 bird and your Tilt adjustment(the most critical adj. here)
is correct, the others will "fall" in with the correct arc of the dish in relation to the
other birds. Hope this helps.......:)

Carta said:
Hello,
I bought a Directv elliptical 3 LNB multi-dish to replace my old standard dish, in order to get local channels. Well, after 2 days trying to find the signal, I don't think I found the right one, b/c I still can't pick-up locals.I receive all the channels previous to replacing my old dish.Even though I'm not "locked" on one of the sats, I still pick-up programming. I get a "peak level" of 90, but the "current level" fluctuates. It's evident I'm on the wrong satellite so what do I do now? What sat. am I trying to find?...101,110, or 119? My zip is 18702. My coordinates are:
Azimuth...238
Elevation...31.2
Tilt...57.7
Thank-you
ps...I DO have local channels in my package.

if you werent locked on the 101 you would have NO programming!!

How many recievers do you have?? And if more than two, You have a switch inline some where.

I only have 1 receiver.
Dragon002...Believe me, I am not locked-on and I do have programming.
How do I know which sat I'm pointing at? 101,110, or 119?
Patonenow... What is 72.5?
doctorJ.... Am I correct in saying: The higher the sat #, the lower in the sky?
Thanks

what is your zip code?
there is a site that will tell you what sat has your locals. mine are on the 72.5 so even though I have an AT-9 i still need a 2nd dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)