DirecTV dishonest

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My friendly local retailer tried to sell me the wireless for $50 extra today when the installer came out. No mention of this two weeks ago when I placed the order through him. Called Direct and the CSR agreed with me that it should included in my contract. The local retailer also sent out the wrong equipment, an HR34 (I requested), an hd receiver, and a second DVR instead of a second receiver. He tried to charge me $50 for the second DVR too. After I called him on these fees and I told him I wanted what I ordered, he backed down. Mumbled something about how little Direct pays him.

The installer (a subcontractor) seemed embarassed by the whole thing though he didn't comment. Instead he told me he'd charge me $18 for a pole mount installed instead of his usual $50. I know he drove at least 40 minutes to come to my house and now he has to come back in three days to do an install with the correct equipment. Told him that I'd rather pay his $50 for the mount and I would tip him well when all is properly set up. He's also removing my old DISH dishes off my house.

I'm not rich but I can handle $50 here and there. Glad to give it to someone who helps me but refuse to give it to someone who tries to scam me.

It is not 2 retailers. It is one. Smart Circle pays to sell dtv inside bestbuy and sams. They have been under investigation for more then 2 years, so I doubt that DTV will ever do anything about them.

Problem 1) you ordered through best buy
Problem 2) you signed the work order

Solution, eBay :D

On a serious note, most installs done by Sams club and best buy are far from good. Everybody has bad techs in their area but good ones too. Sams club and best buy are not even certified to do installs! Right now they have techs taking pictures and building a case to remove these 2 retailers from selling or installing. To get your cinema kit I'd check the solid signal site or dish store if you can't find anything good on eBay

Really Claude,

No the sales person unintenally screwed him. If the people put in his orders dont know how to use OMS or whatever the retailer version of OMS it is the fault of the company who sold the system.

It is not the techs fault. Why because DTV would not of asked for 80 dollars if the cinema kit equipment was added to the order. I would of been able to send a tech back out with the equipment if tech 1 did not have it or too stupid to install it.

Problem here is that it is Smart Circle and they are frankly just dishonest.

The technician screwed you, NOT the sales person.

The only ligitiment reason why it could not have been installed is if you didn't have internet.

I was an eight year customer of a cable company when I was approached by a DTV sales rep in a Best Buy. He gave an excellent sales pitch because I finally signed up with DTV and the next week cancelled my cable service. I asked him how much the equipment and installation would cost, and he told me there would be no charge for any of the equipment or installation AND he would " throw in on demand free", just for me. Technician comes over 3 days later and installs, but tells me I need another device to access the DTV Cinema. While he was still at my house, he uses my phone to make a call and tells the person on the other line that they need to send this particular device. Three weeks later, no device. I call customer service and find out that it will cost $80. I understand it's a semi-reasonable price, but nobody told me I had to pay for this device. Not the sales rep, not the technician. I feel duped. So I am locked into a two year agreement, without G4, without H2, without NatGeo Wild, and without any On Demand service. In two years I will return to my slightly more expensive cable company. I will happily pay an extra $10 for some honest people.

Yeah, dishonest. But with a 1 yr old of my own let me give you some helpful advice. You have too much to worry about these days and it's better to take the easy way out. Get a "wireless gaming adapter." I used a WGA500N. I guess it's a WGA600N that they make now.

Here are a few options:
Amazon.com: Used and New: Cisco-Linksys Dual-Band Wireless-N Gaming Adapter
Amazon.com: TRENDnet Wireless N Gaming Adapter TEW-647GA (Black): Electronics
wga600n | eBay

Setup is easy and reliable. Believe me, the on-demand is worth the pain now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)