Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When it comes to how many consumers are upset, I don't think this would affect the providers as much these days as it would have in the past due to different reasons.

One, the ratings are down.

Two, there are more channels out there now than what there used to be so the selection is better.

Three, people can stream the shows online.

Iceberg said:
Here is a novel thought.....Maybe go outside and enjoy life? There is more to life than TV

Oh I was waiting for you to throw out the "my local market is racist because they dont carry that bitch Wendy anymore" like you did on AVS :rolleyes:

The channels will be back and I'm sure Nick will rerun those shows another 8000 times before a new show comes up

To paraphrase the late George Carlin: kids don't even know how to play with a stick anymore.

probably not because these providers will do an all or nothing approach. SO its not like you'd be able to get just say Comedy Central. You'd have to get the whole arsenal of crap chanenls with it

What I would like to see is DIRECTV simply take lets say $4 off the package prices and then offer a $5 Viacom pack (have to cover the rate increase) for those that want it. Put all the Viacom channels in it... Let the consumer decide. Of course Viacom would probably never go with it, but DIRECTV is the largest Viacom customer, so they should have more pull than most....

Viacom needs to realize that their channels don't offer value. With Colbert and Stewart still off for another week and South Park being out of season, Comedy Central isn't a big deal. Besides I can watch those online the next day for free. Vid Disney pulled this same crap with the ESPN suite, I'm sure D* would cave quickly(unlike Dish) because they know that that would be a major inconvenience for their customers

Sent from my iPhone

mdram said:
the only people i know who seem concerned are those with children

My kids are telling me to call D*. I'm telling them no, go outside and play. Take the dog for a walk. Ride your bike. Read a book.

This dispute is forcing the kids to do something else besides watching tv, which I don't mind.

The Viacom FB page is pretty funny reading, since almost every post I read was anti-Viacom. I couldn't care less about these channels but I sympathize with those who do. It will be interesting to see how commentators score the bout. :)

To be fair, most of the posts on the DirecTV FB page is anti-DirecTV as well. I think those most likely to post are those that are upset and want to vent so they blame one or both sides.

Hmm I wonder if Viacom will lower their asking price If direct tv agrees to never do commercial skip or dish PTAT service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the only people i know who seem concerned are those with children

It was a real eye opener for me. When I told my kids they would be losing Nick, the first thing they said was "I can can just watch it online".

This is my biggest complaint against Viacom, why would I want to pay more than I do now for shows I can watch online for free?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts