Please reply by conversation.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I posted about this a few months ago.

Any word on when Directv will release their version of what DISH calls the DishProPlus where you can have 2 tuners on one cable?

The DirecTV SWM module allows up to eight tuners to tune eight transponders selected from any of DirecTV's satellites off one coax. Presently, it is not readily made available to the public, but as the linked DBSForum threads show, some company called weaknees sells the module and power supply for $400 and a DBSTalk member has been selling them for around $300.

If a new customer needs one for his installation, DirecTV will usually furnish one as part of the installation, but I don't believe that the customer service rep can actualy enter that part into the installation order.

The price of this device to consumers is presently being held up by the fact that multiple dwelling unit demand can absorb all the units that can be made at present. Once that pent up demand is satiated, I expect the price of an SWM to be no greater than that of DPP44 and probably less.

A word of warning to anyone who gets his hands on one is that the receivers send control signals upstream at 2.3MHz, but most diplexers block that signal, so if you need to diplex off-air into that coax, you will need to either use a NAS diplexer that is designed to pass the 2.3MHz signal on the satellite port, or you can sometimes get away with using high frequency splitter/combiners in place of the diplexers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)