Directv DVR Connected to Internet in Canada

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikemli

Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
Canada
Hello, can any Canadian confirm that his DVR is connected to the Internet and how he manage to make it work? Im planning to connect mine but I dont know if its ok.

Thanks for your help

Hello, can any Canadian confirm that his DVR is connected to the Internet and how he manage to make it work? Im planning to connect mine but I dont know if its ok.

Thanks for your help

Dont even consider it, unless you want to watch Canadian satellite again. NO THE ANSWER IS NO, I doubt your partners would appreciate you killing a good thing either

I would think you'd only have to run traffic from the receiver through a US proxy.

?I'm not sure that's worth the hassle or possibility that something could wrong.

I know of a few friends in Canada that have their DVR'S hooked up to the Internet for over 2 years now with out any VPN or proxy and its been working flawless. Now if you want to take the chance that's up to you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)