Directv DVR issues - PLEASE HELP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mcdansh

Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
I am experiencing very bad pixelization on my new Directv DVR. I bought this unit to replace a TiVO that was having the same issue and I believed it was a bad hard drive in the Tivo. 2 other non-DVR receivers in the house work fine at all locations. Using a round dual LNB dish with a multi-switch to allow 3 receivers. Have taken the multi-switch out of the mix and still have the issue on the DVR only. Directv customer service and second level have no clue. Can anyone tell me why only my DVR's would have this issue. I have tested the new DVR on my son's house and my DVR performs flawlessly at his house. PLEASE HELP!

mcdansh said:
I am experiencing very bad pixelization on my new Directv DVR. I bought this unit to replace a TiVO that was having the same issue and I believed it was a bad hard drive in the Tivo. 2 other non-DVR receivers in the house work fine at all locations. Using a round dual LNB dish with a multi-switch to allow 3 receivers. Have taken the multi-switch out of the mix and still have the issue on the DVR only. Directv customer service and second level have no clue. Can anyone tell me why only my DVR's would have this issue. I have tested the new DVR on my son's house and my DVR performs flawlessly at his house. PLEASE HELP!
It would seem that you have identified the cables feeding the DVR as your problem.:)

I also recieve a noticed worse picture from my TIVO units than any of my other recievers

Mine is so bad that you can't watch the entire show or hear all of the sound through the course of the show. I generally have the issue badly enough that I seldom see more than 10 sec of vidoe with matching sound before the next issue occurs.

Boba, I see that you feel my issue may be cable related but I don't understand how my non-DVR receivers can function properly without the issue on the same cables. Could you please expound?

Try running a new cable from your switch or dish to one of the inputs on your DVR. Power down the DVR connect the single cable to the DVR+ and see what your picture looks like. You said that the picture was perfect at your sons so that eliminates a problem with the DVR+. You say the rest of the receivers work with or without the switch so that eliminates the switch and the dish & LNB. What is left the cables and fittings on those cables?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts