DirecTV & Echostar in talks

Status
Please reply by conversation.
never say never!!!!! instead say "close to Zero possibility" or something like that!!

never ever. nada, zero ,zilch, not gonna happen, ziats.

answer this question, who would run the company?? yeah rupert is gonna let ergen run the company. ROTGLMAO or charlie "letting his better" run the company???? LOL LOL

sorry, you are dreaming.

Im not dreaming! and basically i dont care about this but you never know when a government steps back on a decision! okay lets suppose Comcast becomes a Sat. co. !!!whats goin to happen? is the government gonna want 3 Sat co.? or Comcast cant become a Sat co.!

And i dont think "who would run the company?" is the question i think its who is going to buy who? then who ever buys it should run it with the conditions proposed by the seller!!!!! by the way i think it would be D*! this is just supposing something really happens!

in most of the countries(Mexico, Chile, Argentina) i have lived in there is only 1 sat co. and 3 cable co.

wicked said:
Im not dreaming! and basically i dont care about this but you never know when a government steps back on a decision! okay lets suppose Comcast becomes a Sat. co. !!!whats goin to happen? is the government gonna want 3 Sat co.? or Comcast cant become a Sat co.!

And i dont think "who would run the company?" is the question i think its who is going to buy who? then who ever buys it should run it with the conditions proposed by the seller!!!!! by the way i think it would be D*! this is just supposing something really happens!

com crap CANT be a satcaster. primestar was owned by cox, tci and time warner, tci became att, this monstrosity was bought by comcrap. tci et al HAD to sell , it is a cinflict of interest to own a sat caster and a cable dog.

wicked said:
in most of the countries(Mexico, Chile, Argentina) i have lived in there is only 1 sat co. and 3 cable co.

Maybe, but that has ZERO bearing on US policies regarding monopolies.

Zero possibility if things remain the way they are now. Lots of things change in the future. Things happen that we never dream would ever happen. Think back 10 years. Did you think back in 1996 that most of the country would have their local channels on Dish Network and DirecTv let alone HD locals being launched? That there would be such a service such as DVR? Dish Network was not even in existance or was just on the verge of starting. Look back 5 or 6 years ago and we would not have imagined that things would be the way are now. Things have advanced a bit and still continue to advance a lot.

I predict that IPTV and wireless high speed internet will change things greatly. This is how everything will be accessed and used in the future. If Dish Network and Directv lose a lot of their satellite subscribers then they may need to merge (and may be allowed to merge) if they have a lot fewer customers and may have to in order to survive. They may get into the IPTV/wireless broadband market to survive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)